Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 19/08/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Seen us win there once, albeit at Maine Rd.  Shearer with the goal in a 1-0 win, turned out he was a couple of yards offside when watching the highlights on MOTD, but no VAR in those days thankfully.   Murder on in those side streets after the game i recall.  

Seen now but defeats in my other visits to Maine Road or the Etihad

What we can't do is leave any of the back four exposed 1v1 with Haaland. May need to be a tweaking of tactics which probably goes for any away game but especially away to City. But you can guarantee we will have a go, just like we did last season and hopefully the lads have even more belief that they can match a team like City. 

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

On 13/08/2023 at 08:14, Maineblue said:

Yeah will definitely be there in the South Stand, I’m hopeful City can scrape a win but you guys have a very dangerous team and Kev is out for us so I take nothing for granted, it could go either way tbh.

You still should be massive favourites and I'd expect a win from yous but I've just a feeling we may take it to you now .

3 minutes ago, buzza said:

For me a win or draw is paramount, just for the fear factor it will put into the majority of sides!

I think what we did to Villa, coupled with our performance last season is already enough to see the majority of teams will come away to us and try to sit in.

Edited by alexf

29 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

After originally fancying us to beat Villa 4-2 or 4-3, and toning down to a 2-2, I’m going with my gut instinct. 2-1 to us. Which was the score the only time I’ve seen us win at The Ethihad.

2-0?