Lewis Hall

Paully

Does the obligation thing actually help with FFP?

Someone in the replies to Edwards is saying it doesn’t, and it would get counted in this year’s spending? 

Which would mean the only benefit of doing a deal like that is related to cash flow, which surely isn’t an issue to us?

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Does the obligation thing actually help with FFP?

Someone in the replies to Edwards is saying it doesn’t, and it would get counted in this year’s spending? 

Which would mean the only benefit of doing a deal like that is related to cash flow, which surely isn’t an issue to us?

Uefa has since clarified FFP rules to state that loan deals with “conditional obligation to buy [that is] virtually certain . . . must be recognised by both clubs as a permanent transfer from the inception of the loan agreement”. 

https://www.ft.com/content/9bd82b30-caf2-11e9-a1f4-3669401ba76f

No idea if it differs to the PL rules, know they're not always aligned.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Just this window?

I wonder if we tell him all the stuff that’s not true, or if he’s just left guessing.

Could picture ashworth laughing when he broke the barella rumour 🤣

Have we had an eye on this lad for a while? It's been quite reassuring amongst the wider transfer chaos that our buys have seemingly been carefully researched and planned. All I seem to see with Man U, Chelsea and Pool is a mad scramble of rival bids and and panic bought alternatives.

Still, £28 mill for a largely untested kid is madness!

Edited by Turnbull2000

Lads, we're not a tinpot club anymore, you can rest assured we've had the best of the best looking at how to circumvent the rules and account for it. 

Yes, it's the players that make the difference, but the club (and it already is tbf) should be credited for it's off the field appointments. 

3 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Have we had an eye on this lad for a while? It's been quite reassuring amongst the wider transfer chaos that our buys have seemingly been carefully researched and planned. All I seem to see with Man U, Chelsea and Pool is a mad scramble of rival bids and and panic bought alternatives.

I think it's cheap in the current climate of fucking honking prices.

Chelsea could be going into this season with a solid amount of their squad coming from their academy over past few years, but instead have just a squad of players brought in for close to a £1Bn? and in no better position for it. Can date this problem going back to losing De Bruyne, Lukaku first time round. 

Not to say every player has to be the best, but you need a balanced squad - for every Bruno/Tonali, Longstaff has their place. Would boil my piss if I was a Chelsea fan to see players come through the academy, loaned out and then just leave. FFP or not, worth billions or not - surely it's still financially better however rich you are to not have to continually have to sell Peter, to buy Paul. 

£113M on Lukaku, just to replace Tammy Abraham sold for £40M... Christansen, Tomori, Geuhi all leaving close to one another, replaced with £300-£350M odd on Badiashile, Koulibaly, Fofano, Disasi.   

4 hours ago, Alan Pardew said:

I can imagine him as a young lad watching us on the telly beat Manchester United 3-0 and beating Chelsea 2-0. Getting 5th and a wonderful EL run as well. That quarter final lads. So close. 
Could possibly be what inspired the lad to become a footballer in the first place. I hope young Eddie sees the potential and signs him. You’re welcome. The King never misses. 
Think I’ll go for a big lunch today. 

See ya later. 

Thank you Alan Pardew. The Lewis Hall signing rebuilds your reputation among NUFC fans. Come to the next home game. Come be applauded, King. Enjoy your meal, and presumably the meal of anyone in the vicinity who ordered well.

@AyeDubbleYoo, you were right. Apologies.

36 minutes ago, Zero said:

Obviously Chelsea management doesn’t really rate Hall though

Must be why they refused to sell him earlier in the window when they didn't need to, and are now asking £30 million for him.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Must be why they refused to sell him earlier in the window when they didn't need to, and are now asking £30 million for him.

Poche opt to play Ian Maatsen instead of him. 

seriously if they think Hall is that fucking good they would just loan to Crystal Palace for a year, just like Colwill.

not saying I don’t rate Hall though. I am very excited we grab him at such a price. 

1 minute ago, Zero said:

seriously if they think Hall is that fucking good they would just loan to Crystal Palace for a year, just like Colwill.

not saying I don’t rate Hall though. I am very excited we grab him at such a price. 

Try reading the thread. They have to sell to raise money. 

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

Which teams are after Maatsen and would his fee be as big as Halls?

7 minutes ago, Zero said:

They originally planned to tie him down to a 6 year contract and loan him to Palace.
Seems the contract was withdrawn as they realised they needed to bring funds in for FFP reasons.
And from reading some reports, the player wanted us once we became an option rather than a loan to Palace. (sensible lad!)

32 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Uefa has since clarified FFP rules to state that loan deals with “conditional obligation to buy [that is] virtually certain . . . must be recognised by both clubs as a permanent transfer from the inception of the loan agreement”. 

https://www.ft.com/content/9bd82b30-caf2-11e9-a1f4-3669401ba76f

No idea if it differs to the PL rules, know they're not always aligned.

Wonder where an "obligation if certain criteria are met" stands with this.

38 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

James Trafford went to Burnley for £19m and he'd only ever played league 1 football.