Newcastle United vs. Brentford: 16/09/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

So if Twitter is to be believed:

Longstaff   Bruno     Anderson

Gordon        Wilson        Barnes 

While that isn't a team that blows you away in terms of names, I actually like the balance of it, I think the midfield three complement each other, Longstaff can do the dirty work we've lacked over the last few games, Bruno can do he his creativity thing, and Anderson can get forward in a Willock style role, and with Gordon creativity on the right, and the finishing ability of Barnes and Wilson on the left, as well as their skill of getting in behind it could work.

Anderson and Gordon starting. I hope they do the business today. I’m slightly more confident now than I was. Really think this could be a break out year for the both of them with a little luck. Proper need a result here to settle some nerves and shut some mouths in the media.

16 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d be amazed if Wilson doesn’t start tbh, hopefully not in place of isak though.

Even before the season started I always genuinely thought he'd start Isak and just bring wilson off the bench then switch it from this game - makes sense resting players like this to me.

Got to get a win today. Won't be as easy as folk think but just need to come out fired up and intense and get a good early goal. The longer the game goes today without us scoring the more frustration will set in, expectancy is already significantly higher it seems.

39 minutes ago, Heron said:

Got to get a win today. Won't be as easy as folk think but just need to come out fired up and intense and get a good early goal. The longer the game goes today without us scoring the more frustration will set in, expectancy is already significantly higher it seems.

Not sure why anyone thinks it's going to be easy, Brentford are one of the most decent but inconsistent (if that's a thing) sides going. Potential to beat / lose to anyone in the league, home or away.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Fuck sake, why is it the same mindless shite? [emoji38]

It's OK to think Brentford are a decent side but also think we should be beating them.

Have some confidence and faith man. [emoji38]

I mean its not like they are coming from wins against City and Arsenal. Its draws against Palace and Bournemouth. They have quality for sure, but we are at home. We should dominate for most parts. Lose here and we have trouble ahead.

19 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I mean its not like they are coming from wins against City and Arsenal. Its draws against Palace and Bournemouth. They have quality for sure, but we are at home. We should dominate for most parts. Lose here and we have trouble ahead.

To be fair we drew against palace and Bournemouth as well last season so don’t look down at them too much.