AC Milan vs Newcastle United 19/09/23 @ 17:45 (TNT Sports)

Paully

17 hours ago, 1892er said:

Wonder what the general feeling about this fixture in Milan is. @Milanista got any insight? :coolsmiley:

IMG_4282.thumb.jpeg.4c14900a95721a246044b6629cdba82b.jpeg

Ironic they say they have better players considering we took their best one.

Edited by NSG

Most cliche thing to say ever but we need to take our chances when they come, I expect them to dictate the tempo and put us under pressure for long periods. We’ve got a good chance, if we win it won’t quite be the upset it will be made out to be. 

1 hour ago, number37 said:

Just in Jerusalem at the minute trying to get us some extra outside assistance. 

1000001193-01.thumb.jpeg.7faa19318eb1deccea0e21b76e0607a7.jpeg

Non-Muslims aren't allowed to take religious texts to Temple Mount so the roof of my hotel is the best I can do. Hopefully we can get a positive result tomorrow, Inshallah. 

Nice choice of top! Enjoy.

This is absolutely surreal. I'm OK now, but I'm going to be like a kid at Christmas tomorrow. As long as we "turn up" and don't shit the bed (Like in the 3 cup finals I've watched), I don't have any expectations regarding winning the match but at the same time I don't think getting a result is beyond us.

Bring it on.

BBC Radio Newcastle Total Sport done a good one off last Thursday (so still on sounds) focusing on the Champs league run of 20yrs ago but also the other champs league run, loads of interviews and commentary snippets. It's about 20mins into the programme.

Edited by madras

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

That Bellamy goal is one of my favourite ever. Nearly had tears in my eyes jumping round the sitting room as a 12 year old

one of mine too, and it directly lead to the Inter game which is one of my favourites to have seen live

Getting a steady flow of images and messages of lads experiencing the joys of Milan today and that will only intensify. Really wish I was out there given Tanita's family live there etc. Would have been belter.

Genuinely think we can get a result too. Hoping for a win, would be content with a draw but so long as we show we're of this level and capable playing at this level that's the main thing. A narrow defeat wouldn't be any real great shake. Hoping at home we do all 3 with 'hell for leather' intensity. We are capable.

Edited by Heron

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Giroud despite being surely past it has an awful knack of scoring against us.

Just hope we’re not overawed like at Wembley and play with our heads for once on the big occasion.

That would seriously annoy me, we'll need our lesser lights like Longstaff to express themselves, last thing we want is to give them too much respect and just let them dominate possession. Obviously they are at home so will have more of it, but we still need to be aggressive on the counter.

59 minutes ago, Heron said:

Getting a steady flow of images and messages of lads experiencing the joys of Milan today and that will only intensify. Really wish I was out there given Tanita's family live there etc. Would have been belter.

Genuinely think we can get a result too. Hoping for a win, would be content with a draw but so long as we show we're of this level and capable playing at this level that's the main thing. A narrow defeat wouldn't be any real great shake. Hoping at home we do all 3 with 'hell for leather' intensity. We are capable.

Yeah, we're competing again!