AC Milan 0-0 Newcastle United (19/09/23)

Disco

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

He’s utter tosh and gets away with it because he’s a Geordie. Massive weakness who everyone knows to target. 

He gets away with it because he's rarely punished when a mistake is made.

And we have Targett who is worse than Burn and a kid not ready as alternatives :lol:

The Dan Burn weekly back and forth is getting tiresome now lol. I mean we've been playing a central defender as full-back for over a year now and its quite clear now what his limitations (or in other words, near total non-contribution) to our attacking is.

Don't get me wrong, love the lad but he's a central defender man. That position is something we really need to improve on, its a shame Targett has not come back to previous form after return from injury.

Burn such a weak link defensively and with the ball, is Murphy playing to give defensive support because he's playing more as a midfielder than a winger. Creativity non existent and we're lucky to be level, the amount of times we're giving the ball away is shocking 

If there's anyone I trust to do a bit of half time tweaking, it's Eddie. Think we've largely done ok, though only threatening when Gordon has had the ball high up. They could have scored 4 quite easily and are finding wayyyyy too much space in our box but I suspect it'll be a much tighter second half. Still in it and we're playing Milan away, mad man :lol:

Feels like the players are too nervous.

Giving the ball away and handing the initiative back to them time and time again through shit passes and silly offsides. Pope needs to relearn how to catch a ball rather than punch it for a corner. We could do with learning to defend corners better too while we're at it. Burn is hopeless on the ball, but we all knew that already. Isak again not really in the game, having to come so deep to receive the ball he might as well be playing DM. Anyway, rant over. 

We're level at half time at the San Siro. I don't think they are much better than us but it could and probably should be 3 or 4-0.

There has been promising signs from us, but we are nowhere near quick enough getting back.

We are trying to force sending Gordon on a run too much, switch it up a little.

We have seen that when we string a few passes together, we can open them up as well.

The commentator was saying that Milan may have a couple of minutes where they get a few chances, or take us on the break, but they won’t control the game, and that’s the way it has been.

Burn needs to be able to pass to 1 of the 2 available players right in front of him, instead of sending it out for a throw in. Also we have tried to take set pieces quickly, and the initial players receiving it is ready, but those further up the pitch aren’t.