Sheffield United Vs Newcastle United 24/09/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

3 hours ago, Flip said:

3 points a must here, could potentially define the season. Lose/draw and then go out in the League Cup in the same week could potentially cause chaos. 

This is the problem, right here, in one post. The entire issue with our fanbase summed up.

A draw at Sheffield and a loss to City would in no way cause chaos unless you allow your mentality to shift so much that it does.

It’s like people are trying their hardest a build a narrative out of fuck all. We’ve played some incredible teams in these first 6 games. Picked up some good points, decent performances in some games, poor in others. We will settle.

35 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

This is the problem, right here, in one post. The entire issue with our fanbase summed up.

A draw at Sheffield and a loss to City would in no way cause chaos unless you allow your mentality to shift so much that it does.

It’s like people are trying their hardest a build a narrative out of fuck all. We’ve played some incredible teams in these first 6 games. Picked up some good points, decent performances in some games, poor in others. We will settle.

I actually completely agree with you and if you had read the post below you would see you are making the same point as I was trying to in a way. I guess I was quite unclear with my initial post. :thup: 

3 hours ago, Flip said:

I’m just trying to say that losing to a newly promoted side and bowing out of the League Cup could add some real pressure to the side that they havn’t really felt. I’m not one of them, but losses to Man City, Brighton and Liverpool had people questioning Howe and the squad on here. People have even turned on our best players.. 

3 minutes ago, Flip said:

I actually completely agree with you and if you had read the post below you would see you are making the same point as I was trying to in a way. I guess I was quite unclear with my initial post. :thup: 

Apologies. I’m just sick of reading stuff like that this morning… didn’t fully read the context.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Apologies. I’m just sick of reading stuff like that this morning… didn’t fully read the context.

Where were you after the 1-0 loss at the Etihad? The reactions were far worse :lol: 

Getting a win here puts our season back on track. Getting a good performance to go with it, puts us in a great spot.

It's easy to forget how the likes of Everton away started last season... scrappy first half, then quality came through. We need to be mindful of this and stay with the lads in the first half.

One of the characteristics of the new NUFC is our fitness in the second half of games. Let's see how long Sheffield can battle for.

45 minutes ago, STM said:

Getting a win here puts our season back on track. Getting a good performance to go with it, puts us in a great spot.

It's easy to forget how the likes of Everton away started last season... scrappy first half, then quality came through. We need to be mindful of this and stay with the lads in the first half.

One of the characteristics of the new NUFC is our fitness in the second half of games. Let's see how long Sheffield can battle for.

Our fitness hasn’t looked great this season imo. Not sure if tactical or not but we have looked below last seasons standards so far.

Edited by SUPERTOON

21 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

McBurnie is out for these, their only competent striker 

Probably not as good of a thing as it may first seem. Probably means Traore comes in for him. I'd much rather see our backline up against a McBurnie type player as apposed to two quick players willing to run in behind. 

How do these set up? I was going to predict a relatively easy win, but then I thought back to games against Bournemouth and Leeds where they just parked the bus and we couldn't really get behind them.

Think this is a lot tougher than it looks on paper, they haven't lost by more than 1 goal this season and have scored against City and away at Spurs. They'll make it tough for us to break them down. We should have enough to win but it won't be the walkover we're hoping for and a draw isn't a terrible result.

Any decent boozers round Sheffield train station?. Last time I got the train there I was 16 and Steven Taylor scored a header 😎Remember it being quite ropey when we played them in a night time kick off. Not many boozers near the ground letting away fans in

Edited by jack j