West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United (08/10/23)

BlueStar

We've played 5 of the current top 7 and done a job on Man City and PSG in the cups this season. Tough start to the season and considering the injuries a very solid point away against a team that will be pushing for top 8 or so this season. League position is looking respectable. 

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

Why? 

5 of your posts in this thread have been specifically targetting one of our home-grown players, playing out of position due to suspensions and injuries.

Get a grip.

Rollercoaster of a game, at half time would have been happy with a point. At full time it feels like 2 points dropped. None the less we didn't get beat and the team can be proud of their performance. 

Imo burn to targett should have happened earlier, isak should have stayed on. Think fatigue set in when West ham got their second wind.

Good point from a difficult fixture, threadbare, with an emotional, if not physical, hangover from Wednesday. 

The way it happened was frustrating, but I would've taken 2-2 before kick off. 

A fair result that I would have been happy with beforehand, having predicted a loss, and am happy with now, albeit I was incredibly frustrated by their equaliser until that Bowen chance, then just immediately reverted to wanting the final whistle and being okay with a draw. :lol:

We were good and bad in spells, as were they. 

Referee was yet again poor and I'm sure West Ham fans would agree with that as well considering Bruno should have walked.

Pope: 7

Trippier: 8

Lascelles: 7

Schär: 7.5

Burn: 8

Tonali: 6

Bruno: 7

Longstaff: 7

Almiron: 7

Isak: 9

Anderson: 7

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Theregulars said:

It’s an observation that he isn’t good enough. What’s he done, in your opinion, to suggest that he is? 

Looked decent enough whenever he's played, certainly decent enough to not write a young lad off as comprehensively not good enough :lol: so kneejerk 

Just now, GavMcEl said:

Would of stuck Wilson for Anderson and stuck isak on the left..... ahwell would've took a point at half time not a terrible result.... 5 league games unbeaten and 5 points better off than this stage last season, we're doing alright 

Absolutely, the 3pts was taken from us due to nobody tracking Kudus, heads switched on until the final whistle and we're moving up the league.

We're still doing absolutely fantastic though, just felt a little gutted for Isak on a hattrick.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Good point from a difficult fixture, threadbare, with an emotional, if not physical, hangover from Wednesday. 

The way it happened was frustrating, but I would've taken 2-2 before kick off. 

Agreed, missing a good chunk of players and the others have put in a hell of a shift last couple of weeks.

If we had more first teamers fit I think we win that comfortably. Unfortunately we didn't have enough to see it out. 

Fine margins, if Isak gets his hattrick then we also win. Nevermind. Keeps this little unbeaten streak going and chance to recharge over the break. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We deserved to win I thought, we were better almost the whole game. West Ham are a lower league team. 

But if you let in those two goals you probably won’t win, so a point is alright.  

First sentence aye but West Ham a lower league team ? They’ll be upper mid table with a good shout of Europa places.

We stopped pressing after our second and let them get the ball down and play it about. Think the lads are probably knackered to keep that press going all game after Wednesday exploits. We'd of won otherwise.

Wish we could have held on, but very solid point coming off the Champions League midweek, and with some key players missing.

Loved Isak getting a double.

Isak on 6 Premier League goals already. Just behind Erling now.

Trippier tied atop the assists chart with Maddison, with 5.

Edited by KaKa