Newcastle United 4-0 Crystal Palace (21/10/23)

Disco

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This is what I was getting at with our sheer relentlessness. We must try this sort of combo 12-15 times a game at least. Teams can try and stop it, can deal with it maybe 3/4s of the time no bother, but eventually the quality is going to get through or they'll switch off for a split second and that's it, we're in. 

it’s identical to what Miggy was doing a lot last season. Fucking love it and long may it continue.

4 hours ago, alexf said:

Bit late to the post-game chat but just wanted to add my thoughts if similar hasn't already been said. 

Thought that game really showed our growth. Some of the patterns of play, Trippier drifting into the deep lying midfield role at times, the clear threat down the right with his overlaps aswell, Longstaff always finding that pocket of space in the box, even Joelinton and Gordon had some promising exchanges of passes at time. 

Just a really accomplished performance and just looked massively the superior team, which considering they held us to three 0:0s last year, shows great improvement as a side. 

It's easy to forget looking at the result, but Palace had conceded only 7 goals in 8 games going into this. Fourth or fifth fewest in the league when today's game kicked off. The keeper we put four past started for England last week. 

Just watched the clubs highlights from the match. The 4th goal man, Murphy is on his way, blind, and is just expecting the ball outside him into his path 

In the ground  I thought his pass was sublime (which it was)  buy the work before that was like a 4x4 relay when they get it good 

7 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Great performance. Atmosphere was class in Gallowgate. Really satisfying.

Would you not rather have Steve Bruce there though?  I mean, he did ok you know.  No Samp, I am never EVER going to let that go.

Have to admit pre-match I was expecting another dull 0-0/1-0/0-1. Once the game started, I can't remember last game I saw where I felt as comfortable as this one. Was never at any stage in doubt that we would win. Still ended watching the game thinking Palace were awful, but safe to say I've thought that so many times now since Howe came here that it's not a coincidence anymore. We got some great personalities in our squad who are humble, hard working and willing to buy into the philosophy of our world class manager/coaching team. So important that we target player personalities that are compatible with the same mindset as our current squad.

Bonus points for the Tonali support from the fans. 

Jacob Murphy was brilliant like. Delighted for him. Thought Bruno played well. Trippier is one of our best ever players like, so good. What a player Fabian Schar is too.

I would maybe have liked to see Hall on and Livramento earlier given we were coasting. Palace were so bad though. Literally nothing up top. With Zaha gone, you can tell Olise and Eze are big misses. Guehi was poor and Mitchell woeful too.

Basis thoughts after that came. Jacob Murphy… well I told you so. Give him simple instructions to simplify his game and he can be devastating at times with his pace (guessing fastest at the club) and as I’ve always said probably the best crosser of a ball at the club.

As for Palace. Not sure if it was an off day but I wasn’t impressed with the two central defenders people on here had been hyping.

Watched the match yesterday (on shift at work) Me and the fellas thoroughly enjoyed the game - really professional Newcastle performance with some excellent football and goals. :thup: :)

As I said earlier - Murphy was terrific. It's little short of amazing what some good coaching, combined with confidence and belief can do. They lad is very much a valuable member of the squad. :)

Edited by Big Geordie

16 hours ago, Wilson said:

Absolute whoppers.  All in black hoodies trying to give it the biggun, they were sat doon for most of the 2nd half. 

Shit cunts. 

20231021_145759.jpg

15 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

it’s the same banner from the other season at Selhurst isn’t it?

Hoarding at Selhurst Park. Idiots 

6A2A1536-8A69-4B1F-B944-51CCC9486ACB.jpeg