Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Newcastle United (28/10/23)

Disco

Just more evidence that we still don’t have a big enough squad. If we did we would have won that game, think we would have got at least a point out of the Dortmund match as well.

We really need to start giving the likes of Hall and Livramento minutes though.

Good point that considering how poor at times we were defensively. Just seems that we wasted the opportunity to win it with having the lead twice and not addressing the dangers. Hopefully Howe rests the vast majority of the side as we look absolutely on fumes. Howay the lads .

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

If Neto doesn't go off we get beat. Probably a decent point. Thought Schär was outstanding again.

Yep, same. It would have been a long 20 mins or so without that breather and Neto going off. Disappointing to let the lead slip twice, but given the circumstances, it's a decent enough point. We'll lose ground on some of the upper echelon teams, but it's a point more than I was thinking for a long time.

Sack off that cup game in midweek!

Fantastic effort after the equaliser. Can't quibble with the application and drive to win. A point away isn't bad, but it is slightly disappointing.

In a way I'm glad Pope's pathetic punching has led to a meaningful detriment to the team. Maybe they might actually address the problem now. All you need is a jugs machine and 10 or so fat blokes off the street to stand in the penalty box. Fire in a 100 balls a day until he can catch the fucking thing consistently. I know he's not working on his distribution so he's got plenty of time for it.

A point at wolves is fine, they're a decent team. 

Have to agree with the comments on the lack of substitutions. The summer signings are looking like really poor decisions at the moment, if we aren't utilising them when we're this threadbare. 

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Wolves aren't bad at all at home. Considering the circumstances it probably isn't a bad point. No suspension for Bruno too is also a bonus.

Exactly this. They’ve been solid at home this season with some good results recently and we’re down to the bare bones ffs. Tremendous effort and solid point under the circumstances

Just now, andycap said:

Since the liverpool game he seems hesitant to put subs on. 

It's been going on much longer than that. Liverpool was an anomaly in that he did many changes at the same time (not until 72nd minute mind), and before this season we haven't had many option on the bench, and neither a very congested fixture list where it was as important.

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Wilson MOTM. Never. 

It was the laziest fucking MOTM I've ever seen, only made worse by him admitting it. :lol:'well he's not been the best player but he scored two goals'. Insightful.

As others have said, Schar for me.

3 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Difficult place to go tbh. Draw is good, we looked a bit fucked all game, so it's a good result. No fresh injuries either so that's a positive 

Shame Bruno didn’t get booked though

Shocking levels of decision making from the 70th minute onwards when we’re up by 1 or 2 goals this season. We’ve dropped 7 points from winning positions and the decision making absolutely shocking. 

Use the subs, man. Cmon.