Paris Saint-Germain vs. Newcastle United - 28/11/23 @ 20:00 (Live on TNT Sports)

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Get yourself booked in son, can vouch for Trolls Band Together 

+1.

Just because you're the sacrificial lamb for all of NUFC CL hopes, doesn't mean you can't have a lil fun.

I had a check at the table standings. If we can get a draw to psg then regardless of what happens at dortmund Vs Milan we're going through assuming that Dortmund are able to get at least a single point to psg at home (so as long they don't lose their home game), and we also beat Milan at home. 

The only part of that I think is unlikely is us getting a draw away to a psg team that's out for blood with half of our squad injured. So if we do somehow managed to get a draw it will be massive.

Edited by t00nt00n313

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I just cannot get my head around this 'I don't mind if we go out of the competition, that way we can concentrate on getting into the competition' logic 

Given that our bench on Saturday included 3 keepers and 3 kids, and given that it isn't going to change much soon, it's pretty clear that we're not in a good state to fight all four competitions. 

I want us to win, but if we don't, that might be a blessing in disguise. That's all.

Guest reefatoon

Imagine spending 20 years wishing you could get back into the champions league, eventually getting back in it, only to think it could be a blessing in disguise to go out of it. [emoji38]

Absolute massive game for us and this is the mind set man [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Imagine spending 20 years wishing you could get back into the champions league, eventually getting back in it, only to think it could be a blessing in disguise to go out of it. [emoji38]

Eddie will expect and our team no doubt will give 110% :indi:

17 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Given that our bench on Saturday included 3 keepers and 3 kids, and given that it isn't going to change much soon, it's pretty clear that we're not in a good state to fight all four competitions. 

I want us to win, but if we don't, that might be a blessing in disguise. That's all.

But after GW6, there will be no European matches until mid Feb, so plenty of time for everyone, bar Tonali, to return. Yes, with our intense style of play and fixture list, there will likely be more injuries, but that may well be the same in future years and you'd always want the team to do as best they can.

24 minutes ago, t00nt00n313 said:

The only part of that I think is unlikely is us getting a draw away to a psg team that's out for blood with half of our squad injured. So if we do somehow managed to get a draw it will be massive.

As long as our chosen 11 are a strong first team of high quality players, as they were against Chelsea last weekend, then we will give a VERY good account of ourselves tonight.

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, Paullow said:

But after GW6, there will be no European matches until mid Feb, so plenty of time for everyone, bar Tonali, to return. Yes, with our intense style of play and fixture list, there will likely be more injuries, but that may well be the same in future years and you'd always want the team to do as best they can.

Exactly right. Get through and just think how much stronger we will be for the next round of games.

7 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It’s fucking crazy the mentality of some, what’s the fucking point in resting players for Man U at weekend, to what try and qualify for the CL again then not give it a go.

Fuck the Europa as well, tonight’s the night memories and legends are made for decades.

HTFL

That said, I'm just not really feeling tonight for some reason. The injuries and back to back losses against the supposed weakest opposition has deflated me a bit, and I am expecting a routine 2 or 3-0 loss and will be very pleasantly surprised if we get anything. After the euphoria of the hpme PSG match, the competition does kind of feel like it's passed us by with those two losses, early kick off times and the hardest match on paper, by far, still to come. Away at Milan and Dortmund we were fairly equal odds of circa 6/4, yet barely laced a glove, whereas tonight we range from between 4 and 5/1 so it will be extremely tough (we were faves in the home PSG match, but away is a totally different proposition).

If we do go 2-0 down then I may actually switch to the Milan Dortmund match in the hope the former doesn't win so that our European journey doesn't completely end tonight. Even if you think we may be better off finishing 4th than 3rd (I don't), you'd surely want that last match with Milan to be somewhat live - it would be gutting if we were out of Europe altogether, which I suspect we will, with one match still to go, especially after topping the group after 2 games, and many expecting 4 points to come from the Dortmund double header.

Hope I'm wrong, and apologies if I am bringing gloom to what should be a positive thread and occasion for the club, but I'm just not really feeling it.

15 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

French Ultras on the warpath and our boy Paully is chatting up Parisian MILFs. You love to see it 

Role reversal.

French taking on the role of frothing football hooligans, and paully taking on the role of archetype french lothario.

Confusing times [emoji38]

25 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I understand it though. Let’s face it a victory there would be remarkable if full strength. We are down to the bare bones and it would be miraculous to turn them over with the squad we can put out. That said, thought we’d lose against Chelsea (for the same reason) and we battered them. So adopting my usual hoping for the best, preparing for the worst kind of approach to tonight. 

32 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Aye baffled by the mentality of some like