Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Remember though, if pope hadn’t saved some shots, or if PSG had hit the target, they would have won anyway, so it’s a fair result. We should have just kept the ball and scored a few more goals. I’m sure Howe will learn that in future games, whilst he’s bringing 5 subs on every 15 minutes.

We were bottom of the league 2 years ago, chill.

I had a feeling before the game that we might get hammered tbf. And they should have stuck a fair few chances away but for Pope / bit of luck here and there.

A draw is a good result, but less so in the context of what happened in that 8 mins of gifted PSG time. 

But surely we can hold our heads high tonight man! Remember when we were basically written off after the group draw? Dortmund aside, we've surprised a few. 

And if it ends in the Europa League, I'll still be excited for that too. This season is still alive and burning brightly. Get our injured players back and see how we roll from there. 

Well done NUFC, we sail on into uncharted waters! 

4 minutes ago, Sid said:

2 years ago we were down and out, now PSG are scaping a draw in the 98th minute at home to us.

Our club man.

Proud to be a Geordie.

We were robbed and cheated out of a victory against PSG.  I never imagined that I would type those words a few years back.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's an awful competition in a lot of ways. Never paid enough attention to it to know that stuff like this was one of the reasons.  

I've said it many times over the years, but overall I  prefer the Europa League, for lack of a better word, it feels more genuine like it means more to the clubs competing in it.

Whereas the Champions League just feels like a corporate hellscape lacking any soul. Obviously I love being in it, but that's not the point. :lol:

Just out the stadium, was in the home end. 

A couple of years ago Sheffield United were turning us over after not winning a game in 6 months. Tonight PSG are going home wanking themselves silly that they got a draw with Newcastle United.

Fucking love this club.

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I think he was against Chelsea too. He’s been told not to chase causes which is obviously the right play.

Spot on. The whole 'identity is out identity' needs to go out of the window for a few months until we get more bodies back. 

Shades of Rafa's organised and disciplined, hit them on the break team tonight and I think we'll see more of it too, especially away from home. All well and good flying in 100% knowing there's 9 on the bench who can come on and make a difference but at the minute then needs must.  

End result:

Actual Result: Absolute shitter, would have taken it before the game, and if you look at what they missed, if we did win it would have been the perfect definition of "hit and run". We didn't out play them, so we can't be disappointed with a draw.

Eddie Howe - Majestic in his post-match interview and our perfect manager.

Milan Game: Doesn't change much - we draw, we are in UEFA in later stages. Win and we have an outside chance of qualifying. Although it is not that much an outside chance, if I have my maths right PSG need to win away in Dortmund otherwise we qualify if we beat Milan. Game 6 is still meaningful 

So in the "group of death", we have performed, fucked over by a clearly wrong decision, and we are well placed. With a skeleton squad hampered by injuries.

I am seeing progress here.

Just now, number37 said:

They have that Jonathan Liew sometimes on Sky Sports News as part of their newspaper review and he's such a dweeb. 

He's top tier podcast fart-sniffer along with wanks like Horncastle, Ornstein and Anka. Think they're God's gift to football and wit.

5 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Honestly would rather go out altogether than drop to the second tier tourney and just have the same thing happen against Liverpool like

Same tbh. :lol:More games played due to the knockout playoffs in February for an already stretched squad, having next to no Saturday league games only to have to face that lot over 2 legs or in Ireland amongst an army of Paddy Murphys. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

Spot on. The whole 'identity is out identity' needs to go out of the window for a few months until we get more bodies back. 

Shades of Rafa's organised and disciplined, hit them on the break team tonight and I think we'll see more of it too, especially away from home. All well and good flying in 100% knowing there's 9 on the bench who can come on and make a difference but at the minute then needs must.  

Yep exactly. Makes sense 👍