Tosin Adarabioyo: set to sign at expiry of Fulham contract (Various)

Jack27

Seems like we've gone first with an offer. I've said before that our footballing pitch will be very good, whether that beats the financial offer of someone like Chelsea, that remains to be seen.

In fairness to the lad, feel like he could easily get an offer from a Milan, Bayern, Dortmund etc. Which would be tempting to anyone.

3 minutes ago, midds said:

If Chelsea are genuinely in for him then they'll probably get him tbh. He'll get a big, fat 6 or 7 year contract, join a much bigger club and continue to live in one of the best cities in the world. That's got to appeal to a rich young man

You know some athletes actually prioritise playing time on the pitch and a more quiet life off the pitch.

Even saw a clip where Rio of all people said part of the reason he went to Leeds was to get away from London, and all the distractions and people he grew up around.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You know some athletes actually prioritise playing time on the pitch and a more quiet life off the pitch.

Even saw a clip where Rio of all people said part of the reason he went to Leeds was to get away from London, and all the distractions and people he grew up around.

Absolutely, aye :thup:

I've got no idea what the lad is like character-wise, he could be making his choice based solely on footballing reasons but I'm saying Chelsea's offer will be very appealing from a few different angles. Sure he'll have other offers too, just have to wait and see

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They're both still on the books though, so it would be mental. Especially as they still have another 4 centre backs outside of those two still.

They don't seem to have a plan. If you join them you probably then get someone bought in ahead of you in a year again. Madness.

Be very surprised if he goes to Chelsea.

Hmm, do you mean in terms of FFP? It's confirmed that Silva will leave after the season is finished.

Edited by Erikse

9 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Hmm, do you mean in terms of FFP? It's confirmed that Silva will leave after the season is finished.

Yeah, just as an expense in general. Having money tied up in 6 centre backs currently is extraordinary.

Silva leaving makes it 5, which is somewhat acceptable with Fofana's issues, but then adding another to take it back to 6 would be strange, but it is Chelsea and Boehly, so anything is possible.

21 minutes ago, midds said:

Absolutely, aye :thup:

I've got no idea what the lad is like character-wise, he could be making his choice based solely on footballing reasons but I'm saying Chelsea's offer will be very appealing from a few different angles. Sure he'll have other offers too, just have to wait and see

Clubs usually get wind that a player is interested but I agree it’s far from certain he ends up with us. 

24 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, just as an expense in general. Having money tied up in 6 centre backs currently is extraordinary.

Silva leaving makes it 5, which is somewhat acceptable with Fofana's issues, but then adding another to take it back to 6 would be strange, but it is Chelsea and Boehly, so anything is possible.

Maybe they are planning on selling half the team again, so that they can buy a new team, and Boehly can satisfy his new toy syndrome.[emoji38] It's like those who get tired of their crazy expensive car after some months and go get a new one.

I don't know anything about him admittedly.

But being a free transfer can imagine he would be asking for top wages with so many clubs allegedly interested, is he worth being one of our top earners?

8 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Somewhere between £20-25m would be my guess

This is how much Brentford paid for Nathan Collins!!!

Tosin's regular price if he still had years to run on his contract is £30-£35 million minimum.

On 04/05/2024 at 00:52, Beth said:

Adarabioyo and Kelly are both playing for mid table teams. It makes perfect sense to get them if we are aspiring for mid table, but not so much if we want top four.....

Wow. Spectacularly bad post.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Why not? He’s a Manchester/Northern lad. 

I should have qualified - I don't believe he has any particular affinity for the south, i just feel he'll get some massive deal from a London club and that'll be that 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Elric

6 hours ago, johnny36 said:

Spurs have Van de Ven & Romero  who will be 1st choice then Dragusin.. Tosin would only be a squad player there.. With Botman and Lascelles both out he would be a starter with us

Didn't remember they signed Dragusin too. Don't think he would prefer them ahead of us.

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Fun88 have ITK status now?

Betting companies probably have their ear to the ground more than most if you think about it, but think this is just them playing the NUFC connection.