Nottingham Forest (3) 1-1 (4) Newcastle United [LC2] (28/08/24)

BlueStar

Just now, STM said:

Not once did forest play football like we did in the last 20 minutes. They huffed and puffed. Our class showed.

Someone feckin watched the same game as me.

Not sure how we won that shoot out, Pope didn't make a single save. Our pens were class though, even Joelinton's was well struck, just a fantastic save.

It’s scenes like this where if we’re close to a player signing, it must make them get on the phone to their agent and say fucking get it done, as it must sway them and want to be part of it.

Edited by Sibierski

I'm glad we won that, not because we're into the next round, purely because Alan fucking Smith was so relentingly negative to everything we did, and was overwhelmingly positive for anything Forest did, it was getting on my tits.

In recognition of the 50th anniversary of their comeback from 3-1 down to win 4-3 FA Cup game Newcastle comeback from 3-1 down to win 4-3 (albeit on pels) in their league cup match against Forest :headbang:

Just now, 54 said:

I'm glad we won that, not because we're into the next round, purely because Alan fucking Smith was so relentingly negative to everything we did, and was overwhelmingly positive for anything Forest did, it was getting on my tits.

Slagging off Joelinton before taking his penatly. He can do one. 

Fair play Gordon for his pen. Thought he might have missed on purpose considering he evidently does not want to be at the club any more (or so I have read).

Just now, 54 said:

Was desperate for us to lose that, the miserable drip 

The ignominy for Forest, losing to wor Longstaff [emoji38] Great pen, fair play Sean.

Overall though... blimey, pretty concerning. Notwithstanding the future potential of Tonali in club colours, the two most influential players Isak and Bruno seriously struggled to get involved in that game.

Bruno was more or less exclusively recycling the ball back to centre backs.

Isak was running almost exclusively for nowt. When he did have the ball to his feet, he was either knackered or did quite poorly (tough to apportion blame from my couch).

Grateful to be through but quite worried about Howe's control over the team atm. Looking distinctly less than the sum of our parts so far.

On the positive side, Tonali was excellent in his time. Barnes wasn't fantastic, but it was promising to see shoots of creativity and chemistry between him and Tino down the right.

That wasn't a game for the ages, glad we got through but we really need to up our game, 3 distinctly poor performances with spatterings of class, we can see what we can do but it's just not clicking.

I thought Tonali and Barnes both shone, Livramento was positive when he came on and Longstaff was actually solid. Bruno wasn't at his best, Joelinton will admit that was a poor one from him and Gordon still looks like he's way off his best too. Hopefully it all starts to click soon.

When I hear some pundits and commentators talk about us I do think they've got this idea that as fans we're just like Man City/Utd, Chelsea etc. where we don't give two shits about winning the LeagueCup/FA Cup. Seemingly Mark Chapman is surprised that the fans are enjoying this win. very odd.