Newcastle United vs. Manchester City: 28/09/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Considering you don’t often get much change out of Walker side when it’s a foot race, I would consider a lopsided approach and have Joe / Willock back on left and the team look like this:

Pope: Tino, Schar, Burn, Hall: Joe, Bruno, Tonali: Willock, Gordon, Barnes

Focus the attacks all down our right with an extra midfielder in the middle where it could turn into a diamond 4-4-2, out of possession to shut space off in middle and force them to keep going wide.

35 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Considering you don’t often get much change out of Walker side when it’s a foot race, I would consider a lopsided approach and have Joe / Willock back on left and the team look like this:

Pope: Tino, Schar, Burn, Hall: Joe, Bruno, Tonali: Willock, Gordon, Barnes

Focus the attacks all down our right with an extra midfielder in the middle where it could turn into a diamond 4-4-2, out of possession to shut space off in middle and force them to keep going wide.

Was just going to say this. 

Big fan of that Willock/Joe combo of 22/23.

16 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Bernardo SIlva is always good against everyone to be fair

Yeah fair :lol:

That 3 - 3 game 2 years ago he was instrumental in that 20 minute spell second half. Think he setup their second and definitely scored the equaliser. Absolutely wonderful talent.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Sort of as expected with Isak out. Although I’m half surprised Trippier starts over Tino. 

Glad Hall is starting. 

I’d have been surprised if he hadn’t started. Defence will need trippier’s experience