St James' Park

Delima

3 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Do we think that the club has given assurances that we'll upgrade and expand the stadium in timr for the competition? Old Trafford couldn't guarantee theirs woulf be completed on time. So apart from geographically and also the various transport and accomodation criteria, surely we have been chosen due to the stadium itself but it isn't really that up to mark is it?

No because if you look at the list the etihad for example includes it’s expansion already in the listing 

The plans for Man City’s extension looks good.

It’s not the best, but I think that’s down to the layout of the site and the existing structure/design of their stadium. However their ideas are great, a sort of Wembley Way walk way with a covered fanzone.

It would be great if we could do similar with Strawberry place.

Edited by Stifler

made to think about all the stadium building in the 90s and then level 7 on top of the leazes that only 5 year old. Things happened very fast in that period. There was also the efforts to boost it up to 60k before Ashley came in. Focusing just the stadium with regard to the ashley years, it really does highlight the most stagnated period in the clubs recent history as other clubs have been proactive and bought land over the years or simply went and built new stadiums. 

It bothers me that everton will jump us next season and aston villa will match our capacity in the next few years. I'm still hopeful hear something in the summer. SJP needs to be in the top 3 or 4 of the county 

The last expansion added a bit over 15,000 seats so I'd assume a similar project on the other two sides would add something similar.

Probably be a few thousand short of 80k but not much.

Presumably you're aware that that isn't a straightforward proposition though :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sima said:

Aye, I saw at least 3 in the SW corner of the area opposite Shark Bar.

The last few times I've went to the match I've had touts approach me. All with funny accents. I find it really strange to be honest.

42 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

The last few times I've went to the match I've had touts approach me. All with funny accents. I find it really strange to be honest.

Southerners in my experience, which like you say is all a bit odd. Pricks. 

town is small enough to properly clamp down on any cunts touting their tickets like. the club could implement a bounty system where you can send in evidence and get their membership revoked and banned for life.

same for the clowns selling half and half scarfs, too.

It’s interesting the different cultures surrounding “touts” in England vs America. It feels like it’s part of growing up and going to sporting events (or concerts) in America. I have very fond memories of my dad haggling some scalper dudes outside of a venue for tickets. :lol: 

Its obviously incredibly normal here (we have apps for second hand tickets) but seems to be looked down upon quite heavily over there. 

I think most people are fine with it providing it's like StubHub where it's just a case of not being able to go, so selling for your money back.

Scalpers are profiteering cunts and I thought that was an almost universally held opinion tbh, it certainly is when they do it with games consoles.

It’s actually illegal to sell UK football tickets for more than FV. The reselling sites somehow get round it by breaking the extortionate price they charge into added extras like booking/admin fee etc (if anyone fully understands how they get away with it, I’d be interested to hear an informed explanation).

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s actually illegal to sell UK football tickets for more than FV. The reselling sites somehow get round it by breaking the extortionate price they charge into added extras like booking/admin fee etc (if anyone fully understands how they get away with it, I’d be interested to hear an informed explanation).

I think it technically is here too, although I may be wrong. I’m not a fan of scalping tickets obviously, but I just have fond memories of walking up to a stadium with my dad and watching him haggle dudes down to pretty much face value (“game just started man”).  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

It’s incredibly infuriating these days though with the second hand sites and apps having tickets up for 10x, 20x, 30x the price before they even go on sale like what the fuck. Bots are destroying the whole economy around tickets. 

During Ashley (yes sorry for mentioning his name) days - wasn't there a system to sell your season ticket for match if you couldn't make it - or am I imagining it?

2 minutes ago, duo said:

During Ashley (yes sorry for mentioning his name) days - wasn't there a system to sell your season ticket for match if you couldn't make it - or am I imagining it?

Viagogo wasn’t it?

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Believe it or not, it's actually illegal to resell football tickets even for face value. I know of a friend of a friend who got nicked for it (obviously takes a horrificly jobsworth copper like)

2 hours ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Believe it or not, it's actually illegal to resell football tickets even for face value. I know of a friend of a friend who got nicked for it (obviously takes a horrificly jobsworth copper like)

Yep, it definitely is - the tickets are non-transferable.  The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act (1994) is what they’ll cite for convictions.

How likely you are to be prosecuted is another matter, like.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1994/33/section/166/enacted#:~:text=166Sale of tickets by,business%2C in any other place.