St James' Park

Delima

I don't think they are standardised, they just have to blend in with seat colours and club colours.

West Ham have Betway all round theirs in black and white, not their colours like.

No the banners have to blend in, but this was guidance.  You are correct though.

Not doubting you're wrong mate, maybe the colour thing is off. Looks like you're right about the standardised advertising, has to be same thing all round by the look of it.

I don't think they are standardised, they just have to blend in with seat colours and club colours.

The main stand ones with PL banner at the top, sponsors on the bottom, and some inoffensive club design in centre seem to be at least.

Guest neesy111

The main stand ones with PL banner at the top, sponsors on the bottom, and some inoffensive club design in centre seem to be at least.

Some do, but Watford had quite a few different designs for their game today.

Decent. Would have been Sports Direct banners all over if Ashley had his wishes.

That is exactly what he's got...

Well, aye but still acceptable and not font size 6121 Sports Direct banners maximising all available space being an eyesore.

Decent. Would have been Sports Direct banners all over if Ashley had his wishes.

Well, aye but still acceptable and not font size 6121 Sports Direct banners maximising all available space being an eyesore.

Should there even be any more SD logos on those banners though? From what i've seen so far, most clubs only had their main shirt sponsor on the extra seat banners.

Of course, we aren't most clubs, and are still presently owned by a tw@t.

Should there even be any more SD logos on those banners though? From what i've seen so far, most clubs only had their main shirt sponsor on the extra seat banners.

Of course, we aren't most clubs, and are still presently owned by a tw@t.

Would guess that PL have their rules on advertising space allowed on the banners and MA had pushed to the limits already.

What colour is the match ball at this time of year? There seems a shite load of white in them bed sheets that'll be right in the players field of vision when the balls in the air.

What colour is the match ball at this time of year? There seems a shite load of white in them bed sheets that'll be right in the players field of vision when the balls in the air.

White with a fair whack of orange. They'll be alright.

• 5 months later...

There's not a chance of the Gallowgate being mirrored up with the Leazes once this office block development is finished. That ship has sailed I'm afraid.

If the takeover goes through we will need to revisit the idea of building a new stadium on or behind Leazes Park if we want to properly and seriously expand.

There's not a chance of the Gallowgate being mirrored up with the Leazes once this office block development is finished.

Is it actually being built? The market for commercial real estate is on its arse. Whatever the use- retail, office, student housing- all have taken an absolute beating.

There's not a chance of the Gallowgate being mirrored up with the Leazes once this office block development is finished.

Is it actually being built? The market for commercial real estate is on its arse. Whatever the use- retail, office, student housing- all have taken an absolute beating.

Yeah Radisson red hotel has been given go ahead.

I agree we will need to relocate and Castle Leazes is still the best and only city centre site now viable. I can’t see a problem with relocating to Castle Leazes, of course there’ll be nimbys but with Leazes Terrace opened up and St James used to create a new and usable park it could benefit the whole city.

I agree we will need to relocate and Castle Leazes is still the best and only city centre site now viable.

I can’t see a problem with relocating to Castle Leazes, of course there’ll be nimbys but with Leazes Terrace opened up and St James used to create a new and usable park it could benefit the whole city.

This is eaxactly what the 1997 proposals were.

I wrote about all this back in 2010 . . .

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/newcastle-and-the-north-east-as-it-might-have-been.1009531/post-53090947

I agree we will need to relocate and Castle Leazes is still the best and only city centre site now viable.

I can’t see a problem with relocating to Castle Leazes, of course there’ll be nimbys but with Leazes Terrace opened up and St James used to create a new and usable park it could benefit the whole city.

This is eaxactly what the 1997 proposals were.

I wrote about all this back in 2010 . . .

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/newcastle-and-the-north-east-as-it-might-have-been.1009531/post-53090947

How much improved is that artists impression of Leazes Terrace. What a shame that certain people within the city couldn’t see past the end of their own nose.

In reality their 36 thousand petition was a massive minority, there was even rumours at the time they collected signatures at joker park on match days.

When our takeover happens I would love PIF to revisit this and with their backing it could be even greater than Hall and Shepherd’s vision.

The petition didn't prevent that development from going ahead, John Hall withdrawing the application before it had run its course did.

Whether that was just him throwing his toys out of the pram or because there was a more fundamental issue, I don't know, but public objection alone does not prevent a development by a genuinely committed developer.