St James' Park

Delima

25 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

I'm pretty sure they've said they aren't going to be throwing money around like PSG and City have done.  They'll still want return on investment from anything like a costly stadium expansion.

Refurbishing the current state of SJP has to be priority.

Of course they're going to say that. If they are looking for a return on their investment it will be in global sporting profile rather than financial. They're not going to be making any money out of NUFC.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

Of course they're going to say that. If they are looking for a return on their investment it will be in global sporting profile rather than financial. They're not going to be making any money out of NUFC.

Based on who they nearly bought in January, this summer is going to be a sheer joy to watch and speculate over :cool:

50 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Aye. You’re right. Obviously you know more than the City Council and National Counter Terrorism Security Office who met years ago to discuss the issues that COULD arise from a potential terrorist attack at SJP. Can you name another stadium in the country that you can drive underneath? They estimated that a blast would maybe kill 100-200 but the crush to get out could kill thousands. 

Those barriers on Barrack Road wouldn’t stop a lorry. 

I didn’t say the metro couldn’t be engineered into plans. I said a tunnel under Strawberry Place, so we could keep a road, couldn’t happen as the metro is already there. 

Spurs , villa probably more

the barriers are built to stop a lorry 

@neesy111 it’s a low return, highly important investment for their club vision and the overall draw of the club. Not every investment made requires or needs specific return metrics - some things are defensive, some things are underwritten knowing there is little to no return. Etc. 

Guest neesy111
6 hours ago, Kanji said:

@neesy111 it’s a low return, highly important investment for their club vision and the overall draw of the club. Not every investment made requires or needs specific return metrics - some things are defensive, some things are underwritten knowing there is little to no return. Etc. 

I do get that, but there are so many other areas at the club needing investment that stadium expansion should be the last thing in that list especially with how poor our stadium facilities are.

They can do the little stuff hopefully sooner than later but if you’re going to have one cohesive renovation look than you’re going to do it all at once, that’s the only way you’d properly renovate and expand

17 minutes ago, Kanji said:

They can do the little stuff hopefully sooner than later but if you’re going to have one cohesive renovation look than you’re going to do it all at once, that’s the only way you’d properly renovate and expand

Starting after the Brighton game. I'm sure NINE bar is shutting for a fortnight and reopening for the Palace game.

Guest neesy111
17 minutes ago, Nepharite said:

I know it might be semantics but could they level SJP and build a new stadium on the site? Possibly dropping the pitch level?

Where we playing in the meantime?

3 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Where would we play whilst they were doing that? The SOL? LOL

That would be awful in many ways, and glorious in several others.

Imagine the fewm at us 'squatting' there for a year or so...and actually getting the ground full

Expansion is 100% needed. If SJP held 65k right now the attendance next week v Brighton would be 65k. Still not quite sure how they could realistically get the capacity that high but I suppose when money is no object and with building technology the way it is these days there's always a chance.

Personally I think they'll start with the training ground first as Amanda Staveley was clearly disgusted by it when she first seen it! Once that's sorted SJP will be next on the agenda.

15 hours ago, gjohnson said:

That would be awful in many ways, and glorious in several others.

Imagine the fewm at us 'squatting' there for a year or so...and actually getting the ground full

they'd turn it round and say cheers for giving us money to play there etc

be class for me, i live in Seaham

14 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

they'd turn it round and say cheers for giving us money to play there etc

be class for me, i live in Seaham

They'd never thank us for anything. The makematics would be outstanding though

27 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Surely Leazes Terrace could be moved brick by brick to a site close by? Is it that historically important?

Scroll your mouse around the full 360 degrees - this is what your saying should be moved brick by brick. Its a bit bigger than Captain Cooks cottage.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.9765857,-1.6206826,3a,60y,315.84h,85.2t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbEQC55bRp1kA0A9_oUvOQA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

Build it and they will come………

Our support is huge, anyone who’s followed the Toon away, will testify that our support comes from all over the country, as far south as London,north to Edinburgh and many places in between.

Any expansion of St James needs to be future proof to cater for the growing support, which will increase as soon as we become successful.

We already fill the ground with only a sniff of ambition, consider just how big we could become when we become successful.

My opinion…….I don’t believe 65000 is enough, I’d look at a capacity of at least 80000.