José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

:lol:

I think Ron is just scanning the place to ridicule every one of Punk77's posts.

TBF, being ridiculed by Ronaldo is something to be quite proud of.

(Just joshing R-Dog!)

Can Ronaldo's name please be changed to R-Dog?

TBF, being ridiculed by Ronaldo is something to be quite proud of.

(Just joshing R-Dog!)

Aye, he tends to follow posters around who have embarrassed him. :)

John Arne Riise to replace arguably the best left-back this club has ever had ... poor.

Never going to happen. Riise doesn't fit our bill. He 30, although highly professional and well trained. Due to his seriousness, I figure he will last another 3-4 seasons, unless he's injured..

John Arne Riise to replace arguably the best left-back this club has ever had ... poor.

Never going to happen. Riise doesn't fit our bill.

:thup:

Not saying it's true at all, but how does he not fit our bill? If he's a free agent, I'd say he fits our bill exactly.

Please include an explanation of how Lovenkrands does fit our bill in your answer.

Not saying it's true at all, but how does he not fit our bill? If he's a free agent, I'd say he fits our bill exactly.

Please include an explanation of how Lovenkrands does fit our bill in your answer.

Or Sol Campbell.  O0

FFS! Are you trying to provoke an argument or what?  Loven was bought right after we were relegated. We needed him, because  he was cheap, and out of contract, and we were broke.

FFS! Are you trying to provoke an argument or what?  Loven was bought right after we were relegated. We needed him, because  he was cheap, and out of contract, and we were broke.

With the already stated proviso that we are only talking about speculative rumour here - as I understand it the model the club is working to is that they won't pay big money for any player over 25. So if Riise is knocking about on a free and on a manageable wage then there is no obvious reason why he wouldn't be a target from that perspective.

With the already stated proviso that we are only talking about speculative rumour here - as I understand it the model the club is working to is that they won't pay big money for any player over 25. So if Riise is knocking about on a free and on a manageable wage then there is no obvious reason why he wouldn't be a target from that perspective.

Good point. He's on a manageable wage I think. As long as he comes cheap, I have no objections. He's one of the most serious footballers around. In every club he's been in, he has been above everybody stamina-wise. And he got a left foot that's actually improving for each year. A free kick outside the box is a big chance if you have Riise on your team.

As long as it doesn't mean Enrique is leaving, it wouldn't be a bad signing.

Riise is too good to sit on the bench imo. If we sell Enrique, Riise could replace him. And we could buy a young left back as backup. Riise would be an exemplary model for the younger ones in our group.