Steve McClaren

Dave

It's quite simple really. If he can pick 11 players who will go out against Norwich absolutely determined to win the game come hell or high water, then we'll most likely win. If there's only 6 of them who put in a shift then it won't happen.

“If somebody said: ‘You’ll have 40 points by mid-April’, I’d take it,” said McClaren as he prepared for Sunday’s vital home against Norwich. “I think people would think I’d gone absolutely crazy if I turned that down. The most important thing for us is to get to 40 points. Especially with the new television deal, that has to be the absolute priority. It’s the same for 10 or 11 other clubs. It’s always the same; at Middlesbrough we used to have massive parties when we got to 40 points.”

I hate him already.

“If somebody said: ‘You’ll have 40 points by mid-April’, I’d take it,” said McClaren as he prepared for Sunday’s vital home against Norwich. “I think people would think I’d gone absolutely crazy if I turned that down. The most important thing for us is to get to 40 points. Especially with the new television deal, that has to be the absolute priority. It’s the same for 10 or 11 other clubs. It’s always the same; at Middlesbrough we used to have massive parties when we got to 40 points.”

“I’m here to help this football club go forward and my opinions on that have been voiced from day one,” said McClaren, who will be without his injured goalkeeper Tim Krul for the remainder of the campaign. “Everybody knows. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes, a lot of discussions and forward planning. I’m sitting there and saying: ‘You know what – we need to do this, and we need to do that.’ The next window is very important for this club.”

“We’re getting little setbacks that are causing us to disintegrate,” he said. “They’re shattering the confidence and belief. We need to address that, but I really believe there’s a win around the corner. We don’t quite know where, but once it happens and we get the monkey off our backs and the shackles are released, this team will really move forward.”

He's done. It's over. These are the ramblings of a man who knows he's not up to it, he's bitten off far more than he's able to chew. 16th October and 8 games in and that's just about that folks.

I hate him already.

:anguish:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11936623/Steve-McClaren-plans-to-party-if-Newcastle-reach-40-points-having-shelved-early-hopes-of-a-top-eight-finish.html

Asked whether the top eight ambition had been scrapped after less than three months, McClaren replied: That’s absolutely right, and that’s where we’re at. At the present moment, being in the top eight is miles away.

“The most important thing at the present moment – and this is probably true for ten or 11 of the clubs in the league – is to get to 40 points. All this talk about tables and what other clubs are doing – it doesn’t matter. You’ve got to get those points and then everything else is irrelevant.

I hate him already.

:anguish:

Aye fucking hate when the TV deal is brought up when talking about the relegation battle. Like it matters more than the actual football and the club

Two wins min or he can fuck off.

I really believe there’s a win around the corner. We don’t quite know where, but once it happens and we get the monkey off our backs and the shackles are released, this team will really move forward.

#wait