Steve McClaren

Dave

Mitrovic without a partner, doesn't really work. Rather see doumbia on his own, based on absolutely nothing except for doumbias pace.

Gouffran ahead of Perez/Aarons? WTF?

Sissoko? Surely anyone else could lose the ball as often as him. So poor.

Next board meeting.

Should we fire Smc? Remember guys we need a unanimous decision.

Those in favor:

Moncur - "YAY'

Those against:

Carr - "NAY"

Charnley - "Let me ask Mike first"

McClaren - "lol, tremendous.'

Moncur - "NAY"

I don't hate him at all and the Pardew comparison is very harsh for me. Last nights tactics and team selection was what we had almost every single game for years under Pardew yet he had the balls to re-write history and blame us for it.

That said, I woke up half an hour or so before the alarm clock this morning absolutely livid about that shambles last night. That was comfortably the worst team selection, tactics and subs I've seen since Pardew was at his worst. Stoke were there for the taking and McClaren was crippled by fear. I almost felt sorry for him doubled over sat on the bench almost praying. He's lost it. He's given it his best shot but that sort of defeatest, no balls performance will comfortably see us down.

Someone needs to step in because if we fail to beat Bournemouth there is absolutely no way we'll get 5 wins from those remaining games.

I could get behind McClaren when we were going for games but missing chances. That's why people didn't turn on him because despite the result you could see things were better. I can't support whatever that was last night.

You haven't watched many of our away games, have you?

As for the first line.  I can kind of see your point.  But even that fraud Pardew, would actually grind the occasional result out away from home.  We've fluked a win against Bournemouth and beat Spurs with a last minute winner.  TBF, at least we played well in the second half of that game.  Apart from that, last night, was how I see us play away from home most weeks.  The Everton and Chelsea games are still fresh in my mind and it's been going on far longer than that. 

I think we've known each other long enough across a couple of forums over the years for me not to have to answer that question.

I'm not arguing the away form has been anything other than horrendous but tactically that was as bad as it has ever been for me last night. He's made dodgy decisions in the past like the 3 at the back v Watford away but a  lot of those times he was hamstrung be selection. He tried something, it didn't work so you can sort of see the reasoning and move on. He had a number of better solutions last night and he completely bottled it against a side that were there to done. I watched that nonesense for seasons under Pardew and simply can't abide it now. He has to go.

I genuinely can't understand why any fully functioning person could keep this guy in charge.  He should never have been appointed - but how can you persist with him when you have a body of evidence to show that he is completely incompetent?

Catching up at work on his post match interviews....got as far as him saying something along the lines of 'we could see an improvement/response from the Chelsea game' and I was close to having to face HR due to in office violence.  This guy is a fucking cretin of the highest order. 

they'll never sack him - as its carr and charnley's heads on the block for choosing him in the first place.

just hope they come to some agreement where they secretly pay him off and he says that he resigns in public.

It's shocking or maybe not so that there event a hint of him getting the chop either today or a possibility it could happen with a loss on Saturday in the media. Heard on SSN that he said he will be here until the end of the season though. SJP on Saturday should be something similar to the atmosphere vs Cardiff in May 2014 though it likely won't happen.

I don't hate him at all and the Pardew comparison is very harsh for me. Last nights tactics and team selection was what we had almost every single game for years under Pardew yet he had the balls to re-write history and blame us for it.

That said, I woke up half an hour or so before the alarm clock this morning absolutely livid about that shambles last night. That was comfortably the worst team selection, tactics and subs I've seen since Pardew was at his worst. Stoke were there for the taking and McClaren was crippled by fear. I almost felt sorry for him doubled over sat on the bench almost praying. He's lost it. He's given it his best shot but that sort of defeatest, no balls performance will comfortably see us down.

Someone needs to step in because if we fail to beat Bournemouth there is absolutely no way we'll get 5 wins from those remaining games.

I could get behind McClaren when we were going for games but missing chances. That's why people didn't turn on him because despite the result you could see things were better. I can't support whatever that was last night.

You haven't watched many of our away games, have you?

As for the first line.  I can kind of see your point.  But even that fraud Pardew, would actually grind the occasional result out away from home.  We've fluked a win against Bournemouth and beat Spurs with a last minute winner.  TBF, at least we played well in the second half of that game.  Apart from that, last night, was how I see us play away from home most weeks.  The Everton and Chelsea games are still fresh in my mind and it's been going on far longer than that. 

I think we've known each other long enough across a couple of forums over the years for me not to have to answer that question.

I'm not arguing the away form has been anything other than horrendous but tactically that was as bad as it has ever been for me last night. He's made dodgy decisions in the past like the 3 at the back v Watford away but a  lot of those times he was hamstrung be selection. He tried something, it didn't work so you can sort of see the reasoning and move on. He had a number of better solutions last night and he completely bottled it against a side that were there to done. I watched that nonesense for seasons under Pardew and simply can't abide it now. He has to go.

:thup:

Fair enough.  We must have seen different things, then.  As for me, apart from the Arsenal game.  I can't really remember any away games in the last few months, possibly even for the entire season?  Where we haven't looked toothless, spineless and clueless, in equal measure. 

TBH.  The performance that still resulted in a loss, from that Arsenal game, doesn't even look so great now.  They have been shit for quite a while now and only won 2 prem games since we played them at the start of January. 

First time last night that im close to agreeing that the performance resembled that of Pardew's time. Absolutely pathetic, no excuse for it. Negative bollocks, beaten before we get on the pitch.

Who the fuck waits until the 75th minute to make changes watching that absolute shower of shite yesterday? Who even waits half an hour? Whats he expecting to change in that time? Clearly a massive satisfaction with sitting there and taking the pressure. Bored of these negative fucking managers wasting our time.

Even if it worked for him then what? Next season we're a side that sit back every single away game & think we're lucky if we grind out a 0-0 at stoke? Points on the board and that. We could do with a manager who had some self belief and balls. We get ones that have a bad result and shite themselves.

We've had so many bad results away from home I can understand him shitting bricks and playing for the 0-0. Although on those same lines he then has no right to moan about being unlucky to lose 1-0.

Regardless, I've become more convinced that in order for us to stay up he has to go. Time to get someone else in to have a go at getting these players to buy in. I still think the players / club are poisonous, but McClaren has failed.

To be honest, I still don't feel the dislike/hatred that Pardew brought out, and feel a bit sorry for McClaren, in that he wants to do well, but just hasn't got it in him... whereas Pardew was a detestable ****!

That said, results aren't goign to improve under McCalren - he clearly cant motivate or organise them into a coherant team, capable of creating/taking chances or even stopping them at the other end (which was what a Boro fan told me he'd bring to our team).

If there is a thought of getting rid, we cant wait till after the Bournemouth game, as if he wins that, it'll be like West Brom and we'll most like lose the next 2 matches, and then it'll be... 'he's got till after the next one'.

Pretty soon ,we wont have enough matches left to save ourselves.

Surely at some point, 'new manager bounce' has to work for us??!!!

Says a lot that we've taken 1 point away from Stoke this season.

Each team had similar gameplans home and away. Did most of the pressing at home but not overly impressive. Away, looked to keep it tight but couldn't complain if they lost 1-0. Stoke did just enough to get the 0-0 and 1-0 at home. Small but crucial margins that say a lot about the club, playing staff and coaching staff.

The quality isn't the problem, it's the gutless, loser mentality encapsulated by McClaren more than anyone. This whole situation is also a consequence of creating, accepting and overlooking a tolerant culture of poor performances and bad results for years.

McClaren leaving probably won't be enough, but it would signal that we're not comfortable with going down. Anything else does.

I didn't see the match, just read comments on here.  Were you lot watching a different game as MacClaren seems to think we were unlucky and it was an improved performance from the Chelsea game.

0-0 away at Stoke is seen as a decent point for the majority of teams in the division tbh.

Going to Stoke to grind out a 0-0 is pathetic. A point may be decent, but you achieve it trying to beat them from the outset.

The likes of West Brom, Palace, Watford have beaten them away from home. Everton put 3 past them away from home a few weeks ago. Villa atleast scored a goal & lost to a penalty last week. Its negative as fuck as an attitude. If you're going to lose you do it playing the best football you can play. The exact attitude Ranieri continually states at Leicester.

He's got to go, it's that simple. If we have to take a defeat to Bournemouth and give someone else 10 games then so be it because 11 with McClaren and we're gone.

Bournemouth will beat us this weekend anyway. They are a far better footballing team than we are.

They remind me a bit of Swansea when they were first promoted in terms of having a defined plan and style of play. They know what they are and they're well drilled.

How we beat them away, I'll never know. They played us off the park.

I don't think I've ever seen us win a game where we were outplayed so comprehensively. That McClaren still counts that as one of our good performances tells you all you need to know about the character of the man. He's not a blatant liar in the Pardew mold, but he's not far off. Too scared to face reality probably.

I didn't see the match, just read comments on here.  Were you lot watching a different game as MacClaren seems to think we were unlucky and it was an improved performance from the Chelsea game.

I wish I had watched a different game rather than the shower of shite I witnessed last night. But McClaren was right that it was an improved performance. But then we did concede three in the first 15 minutes against Chelsea, so it would have been nigh on impossible to have played worse.

Cholera is a improvement on Ebola.