Blackburn (A) Pre match thread

NSG

It's shocking how many people on here exclude Geremi from central midfield.

Given

Beye Faye Whoever Enrique

Geremi

Barton Emre

Martins          N'Zogbia

Smith

I actually quite like the look of that

I do too but would have Butt ahead of Geremi and Viduka ahead of Smith.

Reason why nobody has picked Geremi is because he hasnt played one decent game yet!

Given

Geremi

Barton Emre

Martins           N'Zogbia

Smith

Reason why nobody has picked Geremi is because he hasnt played one decent game yet!

I agree with your second statement regarding Geremi, but on the other had Butt can't pass the ball to save his life

Given

Geremi

Barton Emre

Smith

I agree with your second statement regarding Geremi, but on the other had Butt can't pass the ball to save his life

True Butt cant pass but either can Geremi.So butt is a good tackler and will put in alot of effort while Geremi cant seem to do anything while wasting all our throw ins,free kicks,corners!

Given

Geremi

Barton Emre

Martins           N'Zogbia

Smith

True Butt cant pass but either can Geremi.So butt is a good tackler and will put in alot of effort while Geremi cant seem to do anything while wasting all our throw ins,free kicks,corners!

haha aren't we just blessed with talent?

Given

Geremi

Barton Emre

Smith

haha aren't we just blessed with talent?

Unfortunately not just at the mo....... :blush:

Given

Geremi

Barton Emre

Martins           N'Zogbia

Smith

Yeah, i know what you mean. When i chose my team i put Geremi on the right-wing simply to have him in the team, because i think he's important for retaining possession (forget Liverpool, Geremi's the best at doing that in our team even if he isn't particularly creative). But he really should be in the centre if he plays. It might be worth playing him and Butt instead of Emre (i initially had Butt/Emre as preferred combo), because we're away from home and Emre doesn't turn up then.

Plus, as i've said before, Butt and Geremi worked earlier in the season, didn't it?

NEWCASTLE United fans have already snapped up nearly 6,000 tickets for Saturday's trip to Blackburn Rovers - but you can still be part of the huge Toon support at Ewood Park.

Tickets can be purchased on the day from the Darwen End Ticket Office from 1pm.

Fans are reminded that prices for this game are £20 (adults), £10 (senior citizens) and £7 (juniors under 16).

Please note: Anyone wishing to buy a concessionary ticket must show proof of age before purchase.

Think it could possibly be;        given

beye rozenhal faye enrique

milner barton butt n'zogbia

smith

viduka

smith playing between attack and midfield like sibierski used to do when we were away in europe.

smith

viduka

smith playing between attack and midfield like sibierski used to do when were away in europe.

no martins?

smith

viduka

smith playing between attack and midfield like sibierski used to do when were away in europe.

no martins?

Has Viduka's fitness improved since last weekend? He looked terrible out there. Unless he's 100%, I'd go with Smith / Martins, and maybe put him out for the last 30 minutes, if we need him. I don't understand why Sam would play an unfit striker (Viduka) up front, and then play a fit striker (Smith) in midfield.

Great stuff Villa hammered Blackburn!Hopefully might f*** them up for us on Sat!Probably not though, :weep:

I have a better feeling about it now though!Nelson will be suspended?

And how many on this site who rubbish O'Neill as 'second-rate' STILL believe that ?

I said last year that this season would see a vast improvement at Villa and so it has proved...

Whether you like it or not, O'Neill is a really good manager and time will prove that to be the case.

All those who preferred Allardyce(or anyone else of similar ilk)must be having a talk with themselves right now - if not, they SHOULD be...

What happens if we go to Blackburn and get thumped ? Will you STILL continue to sneer at O'Neill !??

Point out my sneering at O'Neill please?

I dont give a toss abt them,all I cared abt was that it might affect Blackburn because we are playing them next!

That wasn't aimed particularly at you - there have been many MON detractors on the site and by now they are probably beginning to see the error of their ways, although I wouldn't bet on it.

The comments were made to draw attention to the fact that Villa's form this season disproves their theories about MON...even given another year, can anyone seriously believe that we will have a similar run of away results with such high scores, in a team run by Allardyce..?

i would like to see

given

beye          rozehnal                    faye        enrique

milner      barton                        emre      n'zogbia

martins                      viduka

i think we will see

given

carr              taylor                  faye        n'zogbia

butt

geremi          smith                  barton    martins

viduka

Guest Harry-Norway

We need some passion tomorrow if we are picking up any points,,the 11 who starts the game for Toon must bleed for the club,cant see they done that for mounths,it looks so far they only been on the pitch for getting the paycheck every mounth never mind the result of the game.

Toon players,start bleeding black&white and change attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Given

Geremi

Barton Emre

Smith

Yeah, i know what you mean. When i chose my team i put Geremi on the right-wing simply to have him in the team, because i think he's important for retaining possession (forget Liverpool, Geremi's the best at doing that in our team even if he isn't particularly creative). But he really should be in the centre if he plays. It might be worth playing him and Butt instead of Emre (i initially had Butt/Emre as preferred combo), because we're away from home and Emre doesn't turn up then.

Plus, as i've said before, Butt and Geremi worked earlier in the season, didn't it?

I would never have Geremi on the right personally, as he is only good keeping possession in the central are where he has shown that he is good at offerring a short option for the defence, and then delivering a simple pass to someone in a position the bring the ball forward and put some pressure on the opposition.

Thus he helps our team take charge of the match.

With Butt, it is an endless cycle of stopping the opposition attacking, losing the ball, stopping the opposition attacking, losing the ball, and this just puts the team under pressure that will lead to us eventually conceding.

Geremi is someone who can really help us by converting pressure on us into pressure on them, especially when he has mobile players all around him which is the criteria I have used when selecting my team.

Its a shame that people like olliemort and warrenbartoncentrepartin only judge players on goals and assists. I could see these two people wanting to throw Gary Speed out of the team before every match in the Robson era.

A few facts about Geremi when he had been playing in the centre:

Received more passes than any other player

Has the second best passing accuracy in the team (Owen is best)

Made more interceptions than any other player

Made several key contributions to goals scored while on the pitch.

For me, those facts explain why we have been playing badly since he has been on the right.