KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Kev is staying ..the atmos against Hull will be frickin immense!

dunno mate, it's still 2 weeks till that game, if he stays it'll probably be forgotten by then

you reckon?! coz i dont. ths has been a horrible horrible day, and i for one will be singing kk name as loud as i can!

i have to say, maybe the rpess have been closer to the pulse of what has been going on than we think, and keegan has been brave facing it?

i agree with wullie, if he wants rid of wise etc, get rid.

I don't agree, I think Wise, Vetere and Jiminez are doing an outstanding job judging by the players being brought in. If KK gets his way, who is going to scout Europe for these players? Terry fucking Mac?

I hope it's just a case of Keegan throwing his toys because Barton was nearly sold behind his back. That needs to be sorted, apologies accepted and hopefully Keegan will cool down and realise this is where he belongs.

How would people feel if Keegans had given an ultimatum, which rather than being about Wise specifically was about the whole structure and that he refused to work within any structure where he didn't have absolute control over every single aspect of the club?

Personally, I wouldn't be happy with him if that's what he thought. There's too much work for one man and I don't think he's that skilled in a number of the areas associated with running a modern football club, so he needs help and that means he needs to learn to work as part of a team.

you don't back the likes of dennis wise or other faceless bureacrats over kevin keegan. you have to back your manager and let him be in charge.

What fucks me off (and this is entirely the club's fault), is that the media will be running this story every fucking day from now on.

Sorry Dave, but how do you have any idea that this is actually true?  Something's been going on behind the scenes, yes, but nobody really has a handle on what exactly went down.  Imagine how foolish Ashley and co. would have looked if they'd issued this statement at lunchtime and he'd ultimately left, or if they'd announced they'd sacked him and then brought him back tomorrow. 

Fair enough. :thup:

Maybe it's just been too 'in the balance' for them to risk saying anything until now.

How would people feel if Keegans had given an ultimatum, which rather than being about Wise specifically was about the whole structure and that he refused to work within any structure where he didn't have absolute control over every single aspect of the club?

Personally, I wouldn't be happy with him if that's what he thought. There's too much work for one man and I don't think he's that skilled in a number of the areas associated with running a modern football club, so he needs help and that means he needs to learn to work as part of a team.

I wouldn't like it either. As I've said I think Wise et al have done a good job, the balance of power just needs to be shifted a bit back towards Keegan.

Guest The Zog

I hope this doesn't result in the dismantling of the Wise/Jimenez team though, they've recruited some good players for reasonable fees. It sounds like it just needs to be tweaked a bit so that Keegan has more say.

I think I agree with this.

NUFC could have nipped this in the bud at lunchtime, so I'm pissed at them.

I'm sorry, but how THE FUCK can you (Or indeed any of the others on here who've posted similar crap) possibly say that?

Perhaps at lunchtime Keegan was adamant about walking out?

Perhaps he had walked out? Perhaps the club had no fucking idea whatsoever where he was or whether he would still be our manager?

Perhaps they released a statement the very moment they could, in fact, reading the statement they STILL don't have a clue if he's staying as manager, but perhaps (And this is the last time I'll use the word "perhaps" :D) the club released the statement so that the fans had some news rather than going to bed with none  and in an effort to calm the situation slightly and stop Sports Direct stores getting firebombed overnight, but we'll not find out the full story until tomorrow.

i have to say, maybe the rpess have been closer to the pulse of what has been going on than we think, and keegan has been brave facing it?

i agree with wullie, if he wants rid of wise etc, get rid.

I don't agree, I think Wise, Vetere and Jiminez are doing an outstanding job judging by the players being brought in. If KK gets his way, who is going to scout Europe for these players? Terry fucking Mac?

I hope it's just a case of Keegan throwing his toys because Barton was nearly sold behind his back. That needs to be sorted, apologies accepted and hopefully Keegan will cool down and realise this is where he belongs.

Great shout and my thoughts exactly. I've got a lot of time for the new structure.

Personalities aside, I'd like a manager who is happy to choose positions he needs, let the new lads scout and set up the deal and the gaffer signs if off.

People are quick to forget that KK has done this before under the previous regime.

are people seriously saying they'd go with Wise et al instead of Keegan?

that's beyond fucked up.

It's not as simple as that though. Obviously I want more than anything for KK to be our manager, but I still think that Ashley and team Wise have done a good job with getting players. What this club lacked was a solid recruitment policy, Ashley has tried to rectify that, with good results so far.

SSN report that Keegan had been telling friends that he had been sacked!

Is the Llambias theory right? ???

Beginning to sound it. Llambias tried to fire KK, KK thought he was gone. Ashley found out and has now tried to get him back.

i think we, the fans, have reacted like fucking idiots to this myself. we need to stop kneejurking.

However, i will praise the fans at the ground. Good to see them showing support to Keegan.

It's bewildering trying to make sense of what is going on but one thing is clear from today's shenanigans: Ashley's position is now extremely tenuous. I would expect him to be seriously considering getting out altogether since it must surely now be clear that whilst the fans were happy he brought KK back, and he's paid off the massive debts incurred by the previous regime, none of that matters to the average Newcastle punter. They don't buy into Ashley's long-term plan...they just think of him as a sinister cockney wideboy with ulterior motives and someone not to be trusted.

Ashley's position is untenable. The credibility of his tenure has been significantly weakened today, if not fatally undermined. How can he possibly come back from this now? Sacking Wise & Vetere might do it as far as some of the fans are concerned, but it would mean the tail (i.e. Keegan) is wagging the dog (Ashley).