West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

...............I understand the disappointment of not signing Debuchy, but Carroll?

We have Ba and Cisse an nobody else up front.

Honestly we still have Shola who is a "decent" cover. I may have bias but 10m+ for Carroll is never a good deal.  I'd rather spend 5-6m on some unproven striker in France.

10m+ for Carroll is definitely a panic buy.

...............I understand the disappointment of not signing Debuchy, but Carroll?

Honestly we still have Shola who is a "decent" cover. I may have bias but 10m+ for Carroll is never a good deal.  I'd rather spend 5-6m on some unproven striker in France.

The point is we are doing neither.

Tbh, I think many of us would rather have Carroll than nee fucker. It's the disappointment the he was seemingly our only remaining iron in the fire rather than a disappointment at missing out on Carroll, per se.

Although not ideal as a signing, a loan would have seen us through.

Pathetic they get away with this s***

I don't think Liverpool would agree to loan him back.  They'd rather just keep him...

Thought Carroll was holding out to come here.

If this happens, at least we have a day to try and get someone else. Or not.

IF he's going to West Ham then it means we've told him we're not interested, so I don't think its too relevant really.

Shola is a crock of shit and is never fit. We've shipped out Best and Lovenkrands and won't play Xisco and Ranger.

Tbh, I think many of us would rather have Carroll than nee fucker. It's the disappointment the he was seemingly our only remaining iron in the fire rather than a disappointment at missing out on Carroll, per se.

:thup:

Exactly. I've always been unsure about signing Carroll, but the club obviously thought it was a good idea or they wouldn't have bid for him at all.

The point is we are doing neither.

I'd rather doing nth than making another panic buy.  Xisco and Carroll (to Liverpool) are 2 classic examples.

I completely forgot about xisco and ranger. Surely no one is going to sign them before the window closes so i guess we are stuck. Wouldn't be too bad to chuck them in as reserve strikers for bench duty in europe if we have injuries. They may aswell do something considering were paying them.

Bet they are offering Liverpool a fair sum of money for this.

if sullivan is to be believed its their transfer spend for a few windows

The £17m they pay next season will be the extra TV money from the new agreement.

throw in how they're going to find enough cash to give him a pay rise on his Liverpool salary

Shola is a crock of s*** and is never fit. We've shipped out Best and Lovenkrands and won't play Xisco and Ranger.

The latter 3 are non-existent. Best's place could be replaced by Adam.

If we are going to play 4-3-3 as suggested by the majority of the board, we actually have enough player to play the striker role.  The only problem occurs at next February which I dont think spending 15m for just that month is a good idea.

Anyway, as usual, this decision will only be proven correct 1 year later, just like how we sold Carroll.

Guest Chubby Jason

Nolan's had a word I think

Read somewhere that he has the same agent as Allardyce too.

I bet he's a nice bloke.

I completely forgot about xisco and ranger. Surely no one is going to sign them before the window closes so i guess we are stuck. Wouldn't be too bad to chuck them in as reserve strikers for bench duty in europe if we have injuries. They may aswell do something considering were paying them.

I'm more likely to be offered a place on the bench.

And I'd just be another midfield option.