Newcastle vs Arsenal Sat 21 17:30

Skirge

Taylor's better performances this season have come at right back.

Aye, on a par with Beye's best this season. I'd say he's been slightly more valuable than Habib simply because of his crucial goals.

Yeah, but Beye's season has been stop-start in terms of both short and long term injuries.

Agree with Ronaldo that our best back 4 is    Beye  Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

Aye, on a par with Beye's best this season. I'd say he's been slightly more valuable than Habib simply because of his crucial goals.

Yeah, but Beye's season has been stop-start in terms of both short and long term injuries.

Agree with Ronaldo that our best back 4 is     Beye  Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

Taylor has been game and done a reasonable job at RB, but defensively Beye is in a different class. Both could provide more going forward, our right side is very weak in terms of attacking threat. Wouldn't have minded seeing Ryan taylor given a go at RB for that reason.

Beye is absolutely crucial to our defence, much more so than anyone else. It's clear that he runs the show at the back. Should be captain imo, and goes without saying that he should start every game he's available for in his preferred position.

Guest toonlass

Agree with Ronaldo that our best back 4 is    Beye  Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

:clap:

Agree with Ronaldo that our best back 4 is     Beye  Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

No arguments there at all. Just giving Taylor the credit for his decent run at RB

Beye is absolutely crucial to our defence, much more so than anyone else. It's clear that he runs the show at the back. Should be captain imo, and goes without saying that he should start every game he's available for in his preferred position.

Hopefully we can raise our game like we did against Man U - and maybe the fact Arsenal are perma-linked with some of our best players will mean they shine a little bit brighter.  The good thing about this game is any points we get out of it are an unexpected bonus.  I'm stragely optimistic about this game too, moreso than I was against Hull.

Guest fading star

Its amazing what a few people on here say about Coloccini like, it really is.  He's had his poor games, and he's had his good games but he's never been shocking!  Bramble and Boumsong were shocking, they actually gave teams numerous free goals.  At worst Coloccini has not prevented goals he should have done better with, but he never gifts goals to the other team.  Also at his best he looks like a really classy defender.

He's had an inconsistent first season, but he's been pretty solid overall.  Either way some people need to stop with the goldfish like memories, remember our past defenders and get some perspective for f*** sake!

Nonsense he has been consistently dreadful all season I've heard people continuously excuse him despite him costing our team what is a quite staggering amount of goals.

Surely his performance against Liverpool still sticks in people's minds no...? that 1 v 5 lost was unbearable I've been disgusted by performances at St James Park before but never have I been more disgusted at such a gutless and dismal performance in a Black and White shirt before as Coloccini put in that day at fault for the 2nd goal, 3rd and for the 4th he should of been hurled off for alone.

Quite staggering really the amount of goals he has cost us this season here just few off of that long list -

- Stoke Home 1st goal at fault turned and out paced by Ricardo Fuller... Bolton Away at fault for the only goal failed to spot the danger and come across to defend the ball in left Gardner completely free... Sunderland Home 1st goal far to deep then decided to try and play Cisse offside clueless idiot... West Brom Home at fault for 1st goal pulled to pieces by Ismeal Miller... Everton Away failed to mark his zone on the areal ball to let Falliani free to score... Fulham Away at fault for the second goal his reckless lunging tackle on Johnson gave away a easily preventable penalty... West Ham Away 1st goal at fault completely lost Craig Bellamy run I'll let him off the 2nd although arguably his fault also..  Blackburn Home dreadful marking on Santa Cruz for the second headed goal... Hull City Home at fault second goal turned by Marlon bloody King... Manchester United Home at fault for 1st goal far too tight on Wayne Rooney... West Ham Away at fault for third goal cowardly turned his back on Di Michele shot... and that isn't even all of them..................  :lol:

For me his performances away at Chelsea, Boro and Manchester United were possible his only decent or good (if your kind) performances all season and at £10 million that's not good enough.

Quite rightly ousted from the Argentinian National Squad in recent months...

Cannot stand the bloke..

What a load of nonsensical bollocks.

By that token, it's every player on the pitch who does not produce a magnificent individual effort that you should single out. How about singling out every one of our strikers for not going on solo runs to smash home 5 or 6 goals per game?

It's a f***ing team game in case you haven't noticed. I could also say Given is useless for not saving those chances that "Coloccini cost us".

Bullshit. But when you have an agenda, I suppose you would go to great lengths to type out every incident (in this case goals conceded) to make a point.

Collocini looks classy when he’s doing the easy stuff, but really struggles when the going gets tough. The proverbial luxury player.

Guest BooBoo

As much as Beye is one of our better players, it would expecting way too much to lob him straight in tomorrow.

This is a classic case of when a player should have been brought back to match fitness through a few games for the reserves.

Its amazing what a few people on here say about Coloccini like, it really is.  He's had his poor games, and he's had his good games but he's never been shocking!  Bramble and Boumsong were shocking, they actually gave teams numerous free goals.  At worst Coloccini has not prevented goals he should have done better with, but he never gifts goals to the other team.  Also at his best he looks like a really classy defender.

He's had an inconsistent first season, but he's been pretty solid overall.  Either way some people need to stop with the goldfish like memories, remember our past defenders and get some perspective for f*** sake!

Nonsense he has been consistently dreadful all season I've heard people continuously excuse him despite him costing our team what is a quite staggering amount of goals.

Surely his performance against Liverpool still sticks in people's minds no...? that 1 v 5 lost was unbearable I've been disgusted by performances at St James Park before but never have I been more disgusted at such a gutless and dismal performance in a Black and White shirt before as Coloccini put in that day at fault for the 2nd goal, 3rd and for the 4th he should of been hurled off for alone.

Quite staggering really the amount of goals he has cost us this season here just few off of that long list -

- Stoke Home 1st goal at fault turned and out paced by Ricardo Fuller... Bolton Away at fault for the only goal failed to spot the danger and come across to defend the ball in left Gardner completely free... Sunderland Home 1st goal far to deep then decided to try and play Cisse offside clueless idiot... West Brom Home at fault for 1st goal pulled to pieces by Ismeal Miller... Everton Away failed to mark his zone on the areal ball to let Falliani free to score... Fulham Away at fault for the second goal his reckless lunging tackle on Johnson gave away a easily preventable penalty... West Ham Away 1st goal at fault completely lost Craig Bellamy run I'll let him off the 2nd although arguably his fault also..  Blackburn Home dreadful marking on Santa Cruz for the second headed goal... Hull City Home at fault second goal turned by Marlon bloody King... Manchester United Home at fault for 1st goal far too tight on Wayne Rooney... West Ham Away at fault for third goal cowardly turned his back on Di Michele shot... and that isn't even all of them..................  :lol:

For me his performances away at Chelsea, Boro and Manchester United were possible his only decent or good (if your kind) performances all season and at £10 million that's not good enough.

Quite rightly ousted from the Argentinian National Squad in recent months...

Cannot stand the bloke..

You're taking the piss on that Bolton one surely, that all came from Taylor and Butt not tracking Gardner's run.

Guest fraser

Coloccini has been hopeless lately. Beye at RB, Taylor/Bassong at CB and the (potentially) great Jose Enrique at LB.

Guest fraser

The latest in a long line of black and white scapegoats, that's what Coloccini is.

Not at all. My opinion is purely based upon his recent performances. I don't blame him for the position that we're in, I simply say that his performances have not been good enough lately; he's played all season, let him recover some form and give the lad a rest.