Shearer says talks with Cardiff were "unsucessful" - Sky News

Decky

Guest BooBoo

In all management there has to be some flexibity and compromise. The Souness/ Shearer/ Seargeant

Major approach will simply not work these days, for better or worse.

Seems to work alright for Fergie.

Because he's indoctrinated the entire club of MUFC with that approach for over 20 years. It's completely different to a rookie boss starting off in management these days. Players on the whole are too Molly coddled to respond positively to such treatment.

Unexpected.  Could see him at Southampton or Blackburn because of his history with each club, but Cardiff?

Why not? It's one of the higher profile lower league clubs with a passionate fan base. Great place to prove himself as a manager, I would think he'd have more money to spend than his rivals as well.

Unexpected.  Could see him at Southampton or Blackburn because of his history with each club, but Cardiff?

Why not? It's one of the higher profile lower league clubs with a passionate fan base. Great place to prove himself as a manager, I would think he'd have more money to spend than his rivals as well.

I've never thought that he's been interested enough in management to take on any club that he didn't have some sort of affinity with.

I think he'll do a sterling job. Hope he does and can eventually come back here instead of that clown we've ended up with.

Whilst I understand this is the usual provocative boring shite you peddle re: Pardew, I think it's safe to say that Shearer didn't look too far off a circus performer during his brief stint in charge of Newcastle. We scored in 2 out of the 8 games he took charge of, Cardiff will be lucky to stay up at that rate. Say what you like about the circumstances, the likes of Lawrie frigging Sanchez and Paul Hart have come in for similar-length stints at Premier League clubs and kept them up.

I don't think Shearer will be this "lay down the law" type that some are saying. I think he tried that when he took over at Newcastle as it was some sort of shake up attempt. I can't see those few games as Toon boss can be truly taken as indicative of his managerial style for Cardiff. He's still got to get a full season of managing a club under his belt yet and I'm sure he will change with the job overtime like anyone else would.

Hope this is right. I can see the argument that he did this when he came to Newcastle, as there were so little time to bond/create positive relations/culture in the club. Will definitely look out for Cardiff results if this happens. Good luck Shearer!

I think he'll do a sterling job. Hope he does and can eventually come back here instead of that clown we've ended up with.

Honestly man.

:rolleyes:

God forbid anyone should have an opinion on our manager.

There's enough of you quick enough to slag off Alan fucking Shearer like he's just taken a shit on your car, and Chris Hughton, and Kevin Keegan. When did this prick become sacrosanct? 

Whilst I understand this is the usual provocative boring s**** you peddle re: Pardew, I think it's safe to say that Shearer didn't look too far off a circus performer during his brief stint in charge of Newcastle. We scored in 2 out of the 8 games he took charge of, Cardiff will be lucky to stay up at that rate. Say what you like about the circumstances, the likes of Lawrie frigging Sanchez and Paul Hart have come in for similar-length stints at Premier League clubs and kept them up.

Why does everyone on this bloody forum have to always nurse such deliberately contrary views.

Shearer clearly didn't look like a circus performer.

Pardew clearly isn't a clown.

There's enough of you quick enough to slag off Alan fucking Shearer.

Shearer the player, Shearer the man, Shearer the pundit and Shearer the manager are all almost entirely separate entities imo. Shearer the player and Shearer the man I have very little bad to say. Shearer the manager, there's plenty of things I can tell you that from an admittedly short space of time appeared to be not very good at all.

People are commenting on Shearer because you've come out with this idea that he'll do incredibly well at Cardiff based on very little.

Honestly man.

There's enough of you quick enough to slag off Alan f***ing Shearer like he's just taken a s*** on your car, and Chris Hughton, and Kevin Keegan. When did this prick become sacrosanct? 

It's just ridiculous to make that sort of judgement on Shearer and Pardew given their respective stints at the club. It makes no sense.

Just a pointless dig, really. Pardew atm has a lot more respect as a coach within the game than Shearer does. I'd like to see how Shearer does, but it's a ridicukous statement to make right now.

If we're being honest he actually has very little respect, hence being bombed out at shit clubs like West Ham, Charlton and Southampton.

Just a pointless dig, really. Pardew atm has a lot more respect as a coach within the game than Shearer does. I'd like to see how Shearer does, but it's a ridicukous statement to make right now.

If we're being honest he actually has very little respect, hence being bombed out at shit clubs like West Ham, Charlton and Southampton.

I've heard a lot of people in the game speak highly of him FWIW, and Southampton fans rated him very highly. His sacking there was borderline farcical.

Not saying I rate him particularly highly, but I may aswell defend him if he's going to be needlessly slagged in favour of somebody with next to no managerial experience (who you're happy to predict will be a massive success seemingly based on, well, little more than fanciful idolism)

Suppose it would put to bed the myth spouted by many on here that he is somehow unwilling to drop down a level to begin his management career.

He already began his management career at the top level, and then quickly dropped down a level. Now he's just taking up where he left off, only with some horrible club in Wales.

There's enough of you quick enough to slag off Alan fucking Shearer.

Shearer the player, Shearer the man, Shearer the pundit and Shearer the manager are all almost entirely separate entities imo. Shearer the player and Shearer the man I have very little bad to say. Shearer the manager, there's plenty of things I can tell you that from an admittedly short space of time appeared to be not very good at all.

People are commenting on Shearer because you've come out with this idea that he'll do incredibly well at Cardiff based on very little.

Spot on.

Wait a minute, Pardew took over a relatively stable side yet people aren't allowed to comment on his management until next season.

Shearer, on the other hand, took over a group of mercenaries for a handful of games yet his management skills can be assessed?

Honestly man.

There's enough of you quick enough to slag off Alan fucking Shearer like he's just taken a shit on your car, and Chris Hughton, and Kevin Keegan. When did this prick become sacrosanct?  

Pardew is our manager while Shearer isn't. Shearer had his feet under the table here but didn't want to work with a budget and so Hughton stepped in and got the job done for a lot less. Now Shearer is doing at Cardiff what he should have done here. Better late than never.