Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Fair few want Armstrong to start against Palace ahead of Cisse? Not even the cameo role. Wouldn't argue against them but i'd be of the opinion to give Cisse more game time to boost confidence, which is the opposite to Krul's situation. Nothing mental to suggest bringing a young player in for someone in the first team who is struggling massivley. I'm not kicking up a fuss that Krul's starting, i don't mind. I've just been of the opinion for a while now that he could do with a few weeks on the sidelines. Yet i'm branded a loon and a WUM for the suggestion.

I do think Alnwick is a prospect tbh and I do agree that Krul has been average/poor pretty much all season. It is a risk though, I haven't seen enough of Alnwick to confidently say he'd be okay in the PL

What's the risk? Hardly major games coming up? What's the worst that could happen? Alnwick makes a mistake, dents his confidence and he goes back to reserves for the rest of the season to build it back up then out on loan next season?

I agree we should have a more adequete back up GK but i'm a big fan of Alnwick's and happy to fast track him. I was of that opinion when Given left, i would have skipped Harper and went straight with Krul. All for young keepers being brought through. Alnwick could certainly do with a loan move first but he hasn't been given that luxury as of yet.

Been saying he needs dropped for Alnwick for a while now. Too many errors have been creeping into his game. Think he would benefit from a few games on the bench.

:2funny:

And during that time, nobody recommended you see a Doctor? Stunning.

f***ing hell.

One poster who has a history of absurd statements advocates dropping Krul and you don't quite get it.

Nah man, Brett's not well.

Well at least you can sort of agree unlike these who jump on me like it would be the biggest outcry since Gullit axed Shearer :laugh:

Well at least you can sort of agree unlike these who jump on me like it would be the biggest outcry since Gullit axed Shearer :laugh:

Dropping Krul for Alnwick would be exactly like that.

Aye but we haven't got anyone decent to come in, man.

It's either a fat wreck or an untested kid.  I've little confidence in either doing better, whereas at least Pantilimon is areet.

Stockdale? Hardly talking about a classy keeper coming into nets here. The kid's always going to be 'untested' if you don't test him. He's 21ish and although that's stil relativley young for a keeper, still no harm in giving him a few games. What's the worst that can happen? Rather see some young blood given a chance if others aren't performing. Krul shouldn't be an exception. Not like Stockdale was a great back up for Magath yesterday but he had the balls to drop him for someone the dutch rate better than Krul.

Stockdale  probably probably banged up a fag during that second half. Dummett seemed intent on just chipping the ball into his arms. I honestly don't know what people see in Dummett, he's poor IMO

Bet our American brothers all made this face when they read that:

:scared:

Yeah, sure it is. Palace at home and Sunderland are exactly the same.

Is that what I said?

Is that what I said?

Well it's not 'exactly like that' is it, when Shearer was dropped for a derby and the outcry came. I'm suggesting Alnwick for home match against Crystal Palace ffs, nothing major at all. For a young keeper to be given a chance who i've been most impressed with this season. Have you even watched him play out of curiosity, Mick? You seem to struggle to find the passion to go to a home match these days let alone a reserve one.

How many reserve games do you get to btw? Not trying to be arsey, just you've been talking up him and Armstrong so I'm interested in hearing about our up and coming prospects.

How many reserve games do you get to btw? Not trying to be arsey, just you've been talking up him and Armstrong so I'm interested in hearing about our up and coming prospects.

Depends really. Been to 6/7 this season. Usually depends if i can be arsed and if the weather is decent :lol:

I've liked Alnwick and i feel Armstrong has more potential than Campbell. Really liking the look of Kemen. I've massive love for Bigi but he's been hit and miss when i've seen him, think he needs a loan move away. Aarons who Santoon mentioned has probably played his best two games the last twice i've seen him but is very inconsistent imo. Haven't been fussed for any of our defenders although Haidara looks a class above that level when he's played.

• 2 weeks later...

why have we just announced to our opposition that our goalkeeper is injured and Elliott will play,  that has surely just given Southamptons coaching staff 24 hours to get out the videos,  look at Elliotts weaknesses and work out how they can exploit them.