Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Reina is a far better allround goalkeeper than Given at any stage of his career.

stuff all round whatever that means. i'm only concerned about stopping the opposition scoring when it comes to goalkeepers.

Think it will be interesting to see how Sczezny and Krul develop. Both seem to have the shot stopping ability and talent to become great goalkeepers. But neither of them are anywhere near Reina.

I know we like to exaggerate sometimes, but you can't say Krul is at Reina's level. He's an outstanding talent and could be a superstar but theres still a few better in the league at the minute.

:thup:

Also agree with Disco about the lads massive improvement in being calm at crosses etc..

Was having a conversation at work with the Arsenal researcher for Football Manager, he was convinced that Szczesny is a much better and will be a much better keeper. Shambles to be honest.

Not really. Personally I think it's close between the two, but I rate Szczesny higher, and think he will go on to be the best keeper in the league.

Was having a conversation at work with the Arsenal researcher for Football Manager, he was convinced that Szczesny is a much better and will be a much better keeper. Shambles to be honest.

Not really. Personally I think it's close between the two, but I rate Szczesny higher, and think he will go on to be the best keeper in the league.

It's close, real close.

As sad as it sounds - I doubt he'll be here for that much longer. It probably won't be in January as goalkeeper not change clubs during the season that often but, I can see him leaving next summer.

Only good thing is that the likes of Man City, Man Utd (I know, but De Gea will probably still get better), Liverpool, Spurs and now even Arsenal all seem quite happy with their goalkeeping options.

As sad as it sounds - I doubt he'll be here for that much longer. It probably won't be in January as goalkeeper not change clubs during the season that often but, I can see him leaving next summer.

Only good thing is that the likes of Man City, Man Utd (I know, but De Gea will probably still get better), Liverpool, Spurs and now even Arsenal all seem quite happy with their goalkeeping options.

Spurs? They have 58-year-old Brad Friedel in goal ffs. :lol:

Spurs? They have 58-year-old Brad Friedel in goal ffs. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

True, though at the moment they seem to happy with him.

I'd be more worried if they were losing game after game because of goalkeeper errors.

It's a lot easier for a smaller club to keep a good goalkeeper than players in other positions.

Then again, we shouldn't have to worry about it at all given that we're looking at a title challenge and champions league football. :snod:

Forster will go before Krul does.

Be surprised if he comes back tbh. Might even agree a fee in January, but then again Celtic are doing shit.

CELTIC are delighted to announce that Fraser Forster has re-joined the club on a year-long loan from Newcastle United, subject to final registration, with Celtic having an option to buy the player.