Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

Saved us at least two points today, possibly all three.

Was brave, intelligent and quick :lol: off his line when needed.

What is going on with our keepers at the moment? We seem to have gone from 'Fuck!! Krul is injured, Elliot and Harper are fucking awful' to ':notbad: Harper/Elliott, he should start the next game.

The "old" Steve Harper showed yesterday, once again, what a very good goalkeeper he is. I repeat myself, but he never has and never will let Newcastle down. I hope some of those who threw prejudiced and disrespectful comments at him recently were in the stadium to watch yesterday.

The saves he made were match savers and a punch he made from an inswinging cross from the left in the first half was vital too. Also his throw out distribution remains first class.

Like everyone else though (probably himself included) I can't wait for Timmy to be fit again.

Whatever happens this season, I have a lot of time for Steve. Yeah, he's not what he was but I think people have underrated him all his career due to being second to Shay. He's actually a pretty gifted keeper and should have racked up a shitload of PL appearances. He's got coach written all over him and I hope he stays around our club because he's a top lad