Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Curtis isnt ready to be 4th choice, thats still a year or two away. He couldnt break into the centre back places at a league two side.

I'd agree with that based on admittedly little I've seen of Good. If we sell Williamson I'd hope we'd get a replacement in, especially somebody with a bit of height. To go into the season with only Saylor as a more physical centre back capable of tussling with your typical English centre forward, considering Colo, Mbiwa (?) and Perch don't seem to be this type of centre back, would be a huge mistake.

What's your favourite Mike Williamson memory? I can't decide if mine's the time he needlessly pulled down Micheal Turner after being effortlessly outwitted in the box to give away a penalty against Sunderland, or watching him and Coloccini just abandon the idea of even attempting to challenge Davies and Elmander in the air after about 5 minutes in the 5-1 humping at the reebok, allowing them to run riot by chesting down 70 yard passes in acres of space and pass them off under no pressure at all. Great days.

For me, Williamson is an unspectacular CB of limited ability who can, from time to time, be a solid player to have at the back given the correct mindset/confidence. His weaknesses were badly exposed last season though and that did make him, more often than not, the weakest link of the team unfortunately. A 4th choice CB at best at a club like this really.

Having said all that, all the best to him if he does move on, he never kicked up a fuss in his time here and has always remained professional (especially after that "other guy" shite from Pardew). He genuinely had a fair few solid games too, just a shame that he seemed to have a lot more bad games than good in the PL. Thanks for the Championship, 2010/11 and a bit of 2011/12.

Appears to be a model pro. Had a lot of stick the last couple of seasons but never shirked the shirt, deserves respect for still going out there week after week and trying his very best despite his limited ability letting him down.

Best of luck to him if he goes.

First season back in the Prem, he was absolutely fine and I preferred him over Taylor at the time, undoubtedly aided by Colo. But towards the tail end of the next season and the entire of last the Prem seems to have caught up with his flaws dramatically.

He's a good pro, but as mentioned simply not Premiership level, or at least not on a consistent basis. His confidence seemed to take a massive hit also when his form went.

Cheers for the service, wish him well. ( assuming this is true of course)

This. Great attitude and worked his bollocks off for us and played his heart out despite clearly being out of his depth at times. He had some good run of form from time to time and there were times he actually looked good, playing out of his skin I suppose.

Someone needs to do a tribute video of all the best attempts at the floated set penis.

Deflected goals compilation :sweetjesus:

His performances against Brighton (x2) will live long in the memory.

Aye and Stevenage has to be up there too

Someone needs to do a tribute video of all the best attempts at the floated set penis.

Deflected goals compilation :sweetjesus:

His performances against Brighton (x2) will live long in the memory.

Aye and Stevenage has to be up there too

Might stand a chance in the FA Cup now.