NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Aye Ian, I agree on R. Taylor as there's been no titters at all about him even looking close to leaving and as Pilko says he has proven himself to be adequate on a few occasions.

As it stands it looks like he's backup RB to me, primarily, which is a bit of a worry - because otherwise you're looking to him as an emergency option in midfield behind at least 8 others, potentially 11 depending on how highly Pardew and Co. rate Abeid, Ferguson and Vuckic.

I do think it's at that point now where we really need to be offloading some of the chaff to allow us to strengthen in a couple of key areas.

We can't come out of this window with a deficient squad arguing "well, we wanted to strengthen but no-one wanted to by James Perch". Don't let the soundbites gradually shift your expectations downwards, which is exactly what they are trying to do.

Given the improvement in income and cash in from transfers, the club should be in a position to make some modest expenditure on transfers- but if they can avoid that and still keep the fans turning up- then that is exactly what they will do.

Not spending money doesn't annoy me that much. The expectations management from the lips of Pardew does.

I do think it's at that point now where we really need to be offloading some of the chaff to allow us to strengthen in a couple of key areas.

We can't come out of this window with a deficient squad arguing "well, we wanted to strengthen but no-one wanted to by James Perch". Don't let the soundbites gradually shift your expectations downwards, which is exactly what they are trying to do.

Given the improvement in income and cash in from transfers, the club should be in a position to make some modest expenditure on transfers- but if they can avoid that and still keep the fans turning up- then that is exactly what they will do.

Not spending money doesn't annoy me that much. The expectations management from the lips of Pardew does.

I've never expected us not to sell players, though, that's the point. It's just taken a lot longer than I expected for us to start doing so.

We have at least half-a-dozen players here who offer next to nothing and need to be shifted if possible. I can see why that might be holding up further moves in the transfer market, like it would at plenty of other clubs.

My expectations from the start of the summer remain the same (on top of what we've done already): one more attacking player (depending on what formation we might actually be planning for), a central defender, right-back and left-back.

Guest neesy111

Didn't know that about Perch and his agent, seems strange he would be looking for a move. Surely he knew he was going to be a permanent reserve when he came here. Good news though.

I just think we would consider those two decent backup and not try to sell them right now. I hope I'm wrong obviously, as they're both shite.

Looks like Perch is one of those rare players who would actually prefer to play. I assume he thought the competition with Simpson would be a lot closer.

Well he made Simpson look like a World Class RB with his utter pathetic performances, so only has himself to blame.

http://www.elperiodicomediterraneo.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=672721

Portuguese side Benfica are seriously interested in acquiring the services of Joan Capdevila. The club has offered, according to his agent, a two-year offer in a proposal he found "interesting." Yesterday, the player's agent Horacio Gaggioli, said the offer could compete with that which Roma and Barcelona could offer, who are also interested in the Spanish international with clubs in the Premier League, Aston Villa and Newcastle.

So we sell Carroll for £35 million and now we're hearing rumours (as expected lets be honest) that we have to sell in order to finance anymore deals even though we've already shifted a number of people off the payroll and got 4.5 for Nolan, dear oh dear.  :facepalm: :clap: If ever something was to sum up the Ashley tenure surely it was this. We've bought some decent players but with no premier league experience and there are question marks over the injury status of others namely Ba/Gosling. The squad is hardly deep and rich in quality is it? I'm sorry I don't buy it and while I like some of the stuff Pardew comes out with as he genuinely seems like he cares it's all pretty much towing the line patter with quotes that down the line just make him out to look like an idiot and a patsy. Thankfully there will come a day when Ashley finally leaves as he obviously has absolutely zero interest in taking the club forward.

Still I'm genuinely excited for the season to begin again if anything to see Ben Arfa skin that cunt De Jong (here's hoping anyway), lol

Thought Pardew said he wanted another striker in before the US trip? Guess f*** all happened there.

It's Tevez, the Corinthians bid is just a smoke screen he's actually on a plane to America as we speak.

Unless they sell, the only players joining United will be a striker and a full-back.

That's what the Sunday Sun article says. It's irrelevant whether it says we need to "sell to fund", because we don't know how much the cost of the striker and fullback would be.

Also, does the Sunday Sun even know? I'm sceptical TBH.

Unless they sell, the only players joining United will be a striker and a full-back.

That's what the Sunday Sun article says. It's irrelevant whether it says we need to "sell to fund", because we don't know how much the cost of the striker and fullback would be.

Cheap as cheesy chips as the Mackems would say as the agents cost more than the transfer fees according to Pardew .

Cheap as cheesy chips as the Mackems would say as the agents cost more than the transfer fees according to Pardew .

In the case of free transfers, I think that's pretty obvious.

Fuck no...it's around 1 million for Ba as a signing fee for the player and agent together! 2 max

So you are saying that a transfer fee of say £4 million would have a lower agent fee ,ffs stop being a dick  ;D

f*** no...it's around 1 million for Ba as a signing fee for the player and agent together! 2 max

It's more than £1 mill, I guarantee you. Geremi received that amount when he signed. And that was some years back, and he was/is a shit player.  The most attractive free agents could net around £10 mill in sign on fee I've heard. Ba is not in that category, but £3-4 mill combined on Ba and his agent is not unrealistic.