NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest BooBoo

I know I moan too much on here, but Jesus- the last few days on here have been excruciatingly bad.

Too many threads and not enough news are a bad combo.

I hope he won't mind me posting this, from Toontastic:

Just heard some ITK stuff from the horse's mouth, and the basic message is do not get excited for the rest of the window (plans are to get a striker in and that's it. They are a mile away in valuation for this Erdinc or whatever he's called). Enrique basically isn't even speaking to the club at this stage, and they are hoping that him and Barton will attract bids later in the window - not much interest for Enrique to date.

And they would love to hold on to Tiote for another year (such ambition!), but if the right offer comes in....which isn't a surprise.

The Duke of Wellington said that if you were born in an oven you wouldn't be a biscuit.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

he would say that, he's irish. anyway i thought it was that being born in a stable doesn't make you a horse.

The Duke of Wellington said that if you were born in an oven you wouldn't be a biscuit.

he would say that, he's irish. anyway i thought it was that being born in a stable doesn't make you a horse.

Ah, you're right. The 'biscuit' saying came from my Dad.

Guest BooBoo

That Gemmell itk contains nowt that we didnt reasonably suspect anyway.

One striker plus Neil Taylor in and exits for Enrique, Barton and one of the keepers and that will be us I think.

Ah, you're right. The 'biscuit' saying came from my Dad.

If you grew up in an oven you'd be pretty close to being a biscuit tbf

Guest BooBoo

No reason to believe that is there?

No reason other than it's a highly plausible tale. No idea though if the source is at all credible.

Gemmill's not really a bullshitter, but it's impossible to tell whether his source knows what he's talking about or not. I wouldn't be surprised, but i think a lot will have to do with getting what the board sees as value for money.

I half think that they'd rather end up with no-one then pay a few million more than they want to for any one player, whereas if they could pick up bargains they'd be prepared to shell out on a number of players.

Guest Antec

I hope he won't mind me posting this, from Toontastic:

Just heard some ITK stuff from the horse's mouth, and the basic message is do not get excited for the rest of the window (plans are to get a striker in and that's it. They are a mile away in valuation for this Erdinc or whatever he's called). Enrique basically isn't even speaking to the club at this stage, and they are hoping that him and Barton will attract bids later in the window - not much interest for Enrique to date.

And they would love to hold on to Tiote for another year (such ambition!), but if the right offer comes in....which isn't a surprise.

I hope to fuck that's not true. N'Zogbia(10m) half decent striker(6-8m)

Surely we've got enough left for that?

Does this guy have a record for being correct?

His only ITK story I remember is that O'Neill had agreed to be our manager and Shepherd was house hunting for him near the airport. :lol:

All bets are off as far as I'm concerned. That player we nicked off Liverpool shows that plans can change literally overnight and the fact the club sometimes has a way of signing players without much media/fan talk beforehand gives me the belief we're not done yet.

Even if we get only 1 new striker and Enrique stays we're in a far better position than we were in May.