Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Heneage

Would be interesting to see a comparison between the comments made about De Jong's tackle on Ben Arfa and Tiote's tackle against Stevenage.

I reckon the colours of the shirts being worn at the time had a bearing.

I don't, they were both wearing blue shirts at the time.

Deliberately obtuse or just being a c***? Can't decide. :dontknow:

Whichever one would make you feel better about yourself mate.

Would be interesting to see a comparison between the comments made about De Jong's tackle on Ben Arfa and Tiote's tackle against Stevenage.

Makes no sense at all. Answers the question like. :thup:

I find it highly ammusing that you genuinly believe every legitimate tackle in the premier league is made with the players toes connecting with the ball like. Your allowed to take the ball with your studs, there isn't a law that says otherwise.

you tend not to be allowed to follow through in such a manner though.

Nothing wrong with the placement of his left leg in that challenge, if his foot went over the ball then the whole "studs up" argument would hold some water.

Its dangerous play wether its above the ball or not.  Foot off the ground, flat and facing directly towards the player, you can easily break someone's ankle.  As it is he made sure his other leg did the damage.

Guest Heneage

"It is harder to crack a prejudice than an atom." - Albert Einstein

"It is harder to crack a prejudice than an atom." - Albert Einstein

If it looks like a cunt, acts like a cunt and speaks like a cunt the chances are it's a cunt - midds.

The difference being that de Jong jumped into the player and Tiote jumped in front of the player.

Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa Set For Sept 10th Return

August 15, 2011 5:47 pm The Football Insider Sport

Following on from last week’s news that Hatem Ben Arfa will return to the team in five or six weeks after injuring an ankle against pre-season opposition Kansas City there’s some good news for Newcastle United fans today that seems to suggest that prediction is spot on.

According to the player’s French agent, French midfielder Ben Arfa will return to the North East from France on September 10th to resume training with the squad, putting him on track for a return to action in the middle of the month. Manager Alan Pardew had initially hoped for better news of a speedier return for the skilful playmaker, who was missed in what can reasonably be called a containment performance against Arsenal at the weekend, but stated in the run-up to the game that the Frenchman wouldn’t be back this month.

Fans have already expressed their doubts over Ben Arfa’s overall fitness, with the double-fracture picked up against Manchester City last year threatening to leave a more lasting mark on his psychological state, but news is that he has recovered well from the breaks and is raring to repay the faith shown by the club and the passionate reception he has encountered from the club’s fans since he signed, and particularly since his injury.

While the fixture away at QPR on Monday 12th September is likely to be too soon, the following Saturday’s visit to the midlands and Aston Villa will likely see Ben Arfa pushing for a place on the bench.

Oh, and one more thing – it’s pronounced Hateem.

http://whatculture.com/sport/newcastles-hatem-ben-arfa-set-for-sept-10th-return.php

Is this going back to your home country when you get injured normal, seems a bit strange. If the facilities are that good there surely we should be sending all our crocks.

Guest benarfaNUFC

Is this going back to your home country when you get injured normal, seems a bit strange. If the facilities are that good there surely we should be sending all our crocks.

Ronaldo9 MD Saillant

Guest icemanblue

Ronaldo9 MD Saillant

Aye, I've heard that, like.

No but then with the new injury on the same leg as he snapped i don't see where the problem is with him going back to the doctors and physio's that treated the original injury and rehabilitation, especially if HBA has confidence in them especially as he'll have to comeback mentally as well as physically.

Ben Arfa eyes comeback a year after sustaining injury

Aug 21 2011 by Anal Oliver, The People

NEWCASTLE winger Hatem Ben Arfa will be in action on October 1 – almost a year to the day since his last competitive appearance in a black and white shirt.

The ex-Marseille winger broke a leg in a tackle with Nigel de Jong against Manchester City last year, then suffered ligament damage on the Geordies’ pre-season match against Kansas City in July.

Now Toon boss Alan Pardew has pencilled in September 10 for Ben Arfa’s return to full training, with the game with Wolves at Molineux on October 1 earmarked as his Premier League comeback date.

And this is great news for Pardew, for if Newcastle do not manage to sign a new striker in August, he intends to use Ben Arfa, 24, in a role just behind Demba Ba.

Pardew said: “We’ve had some positive news about Hatem – the second consultation has come back the same as the first – the break is fine and it’s a ligament problem.

“I still haven’t seen him play a competitive game yet in my time here.”

Read More

Back for wolves game on oct 1st according to tomorrows papers. Will be back training sept 10th.

Just in time to get nacked by Karl Henry

God how I hate his face.

http://theghostgoal.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/karl_henry_280x390_919206a.jpg[/spoiler