Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

Fantastic tonight, not tested defensively at all but certainly deserves a start or two in the league.

3 assists in 3 games?

He's the only f***er who can put a cross in.  Get him out on LM.

Pardew is incapable of playing wingers on the correct wings.

Ferguson will probably start but on the right wing, be predictably shit then get dropped.

I get the feeling he might be a bit one dimensional to play left midfield. He may get found out a bit like McClean at Sunderland.

He'd be a nightmare to track for any right winger in the left though.

His run at Stoke shows that he can produce a trick or two.

Crazy that that was 18 months ago really, hope he starts becoming a more prominent part of our squad now.

Think he looks increasingly competent at LB, and he's more capable defensively than some are suggesting.

There was one moment when a player beat him too easily but generally had a great game and should be part of our first team plans :thup:

Those little curved passes he was playing down the left wing all second half were brilliant. Didn't put a foot wrong all night, I hope he can stay fit all season because he's got so much potential.

Guest optimistic nit

Don't care if it's LB or LM he has to start at the weekend.

Not against ManU he doesn't. should get more game time though, if we're going to play Ba and Cisse together in a 4-4-2 we need some natural width.

Didn't he take the piss out of Man Utd last season? I seem to remember an incident in which he fired down the wing and nutmegged one of Man Utd's defenders before firing the ball in to the box, all too easy. If he doesn't start he should definitely feature as a sub.

Don't understand why Ferguson is being dismissed out of hand as being a full-back. He's got the pace for it, he can play the ball and he seems an intelligent decision-maker.

He has a small frame and doesn't seem to have the requisite defensive nous for the role at the top level (yet), but he is 21. At least one of those will fix itself as he gets older and does some gym sessions with the Big Sho.

He reminds me a lot of Neil Taylor at LB. Against teams non-top 6 teams, I'd definitely play him on the basis that we should be looking to control such games, and playing him will be statement of intent about our desire to dominate proceedings (which is what we ought to be working towards). He'll make gaffes, cost us a goal here or there.. but long-term, just like Santon last season, it's a worthy investment. Sooner he is in the first team, the quicker he will learn too IMO.

It may be that full-back isn't for him, and that he is better suited for LM, but he demonstrates enough potential to be given a crack of the whip there since we don't seem like loosening the purse strings anytime soon. A major bonus would, of course, be unleashing the potential of Santon on his stronger foot (and alongside HBA too :love:).

Thought he got better as the game went on. Started anticipating the ball to his man and either intercepting it or getting tight early. He's 21 so he's got time to toughen up. Think he could make a decent FB tbh. Lovely left peg too.