*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

Jonas Gutierrez: "Thank you Chris Hughton for believing in us when nobody believed in us."

:(

:no:

Still hasn't sunk in properly. This is one of the most undeserved sackings ever. What the fuck is going on with these people?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

OK, lets see who Mikes had as Manager:

Big Sam - Sarificile Lamb (Sam's words)

Keegan - Cheerleader (Get fans onside)

Kinnear - Raving Loon

Shearer - Cheerleader (Get fans back onside)

Hughton - Nice guy, doing a good job that some consider a yes man that didn't rock the boat.

I can't work out what Mike wants in a manager. This guy is a loon.

I'm absolutely angry with this like, as most of you have said, Hughton has done a good job with the resources currently at his disposal and did not deserve to get the sack.

F*** off Ashley, you c***, just f*** off.

Heard from a reliable source who knows Nolan that, Nolan and Barton are not injured and refused to play for him.

Caulkin on twitter:

Said all along #Nufc has been a fragile coalition. Now in pieces. Forget crap about senior player unrest - they're as upset as anyone

No offence but I'm more inclined to agree with Caulkin!

I would hope the Nolan and Barton rumour is untrue but when you look back over the last few weeks I suppose something maybe didn't smell right - shocking decision which elevates us back to the circus act/laughing stock we thought we had moved on from

Hughton had been with us for over 2 and a half years now.  Yes there may have been some question marks over his experience as a manager (even by some supporters) but he had the experience of knowing the club and the players.  Look at what has happened when we have went down the revolving door routine of bring managers in, even Shearer was poor.

For the first time in years under Hughton and the experience he had of being involved with Newcastles first team for a 2 and a half year spell was IMO the most stability the club has had for years.

Looks like a long hard second half to the season under whichever Puppet Ashley puts in place.  To work under these clowns it has to be someone just looking for an easy pay day and not for their ambition.

I would hope the Nolan and Barton rumour is untrue but when you look back over the last few weeks I suppose something maybe didn't smell right - shocking decision which elevates us back to the circus act/laughing stock we thought we had moved on from

My thought as well.

O'Neill is a fraud. 100m on players that are lower than us in the table.

O'Neill, Moyes, Hughes, Bruce, etc etc. All much of a muchness, and none of them are any better than Hughton. None of them can coach or build a team into playing good, entertaining football, it's all about hard work, getting stuck in, getting players who are a physical threat, and buying enough average players with Premiership/top flight experience to ensure the squad isn't too exposed after a few injuries.

Had we given Hughton time and a reasonable amount of money to replace substandard dross like Smith, Xisco, Lovenkrands, Best, Guthrie, etc etc, he'd probably have achieved what they did.

100% wrong.

Otherwise, completely stunned at this news.

Within context, I would disagree. Compared to what Keegan and Sir Bobby built for us, with all due respect your best team under Moyes doesn't come close in terms of attacking football, it's only decent at best, hence why I'd seperate him from managers who can, and have, put together very good "footballing" teams. The team Moyes has now has been decent for years now, but nothing beyond above average. And I recall his first few years with yourselves (one was near relegation was it not?) involved putting out a team that essentially kicked players off the park at times (with Phil Neville leading by example), similar to Sparky's Blackburn, until he eventually put together a decent group of players who could match some footballing ability with the aggression.

The correct thing to do. And no one can say I'm being hypocritical either.

I have been clear in the fact I don't think Hughton was/is good enough to be manager of NUFC. It was ALWAYS going to be when and not if. I feel sorry for Hughton (taking away the fact he need never get out of bed to work again if he so chose) he is indeed an amiable and likeable chap. It would be hard to say he hasn't been a credit to himself or the way he came across as a figurehead for the Club - especially when nothing at all was coming from above. Perhaps its his personality as much as anything that has done for him. He was also taking us down. You will always be in trouble with his home record alone. Last two away humiliations.

This only becomes a disaster if the right move isn't made now. And I, like the majority, wouldn't trust Ashley to pick up dogshit with a shovel.

Thanks for the 5-1 though and good luck - go back to being what you are, a decent coach.

The correct thing to do. And no one can say I'm being hypocritical either.

I have been clear in the fact I don't think Hughton was/is good enough to be manager of NUFC. It was ALWAYS going to be when and not if. I feel sorry for Hughton (taking away the fact he need never get out of bed to work again if he so chose) he is indeed an amiable and likeable chap. It would be hard to say he hasn't been a credit to himself or the way he came across as a figurehead for the Club - especially when nothing at all was coming from above. Perhaps its his personality as much as anything that has done for him. He was also taking us down. You will always be in trouble with his home record alone. Last two away humiliations. Go

This only becomes a disaster if the right move isn't made now. And I, like the majority, wouldn't trust Ashley to pick up dogshit with a shovel.

Thanks for the 5-1 though and good luck - go back to being what you are, a decent coach.

whatever.