Alan Pardew

JH

It's like picking the peanuts out of shite.

At the end of the day they failed miserably and lied about the Carroll money. Scum.

It's still completely inexplicable to me why the felt that it was a good idea to come out with the whole "it'll be reinvested" shit.

Did they just assume we'd forget in six months time?

For a lot of fans it was the only thing that justified his sale. It also bought them 6 months breathing space.

At the end of the day they failed miserably and lied about the Carroll money. Scum.

It's still completely inexplicable to me why the felt that it was a good idea to come out with the whole "it'll be reinvested" shit.

For a lot of fans it was the only thing that justified his sale. It also bought them 6 months breathing space.

What's the difference between people being pissed off then and a lot more people being pissed off now? It's not as if they needed to lie to avert mass riots or anything.

What's the difference between people being pissed off then and a lot more people being pissed off now? It's not as if they needed to lie to avert mass riots or anything.

Time is a great healer.

People have had time to accept that Carroll is gone now, all they wanted was to buy some time. We still had the hope we'd spend the money when it came time to renew season tickets as well.

Guest johnson293

At least he didn't start every point with 'It is a fact....' this time.

Surprised a certain someone hasn't commented on it (the statement) on twitter yet, either!

Our failure to acquire a striker having had ample funds and from January to find one is quite frankly amateur and shambolic and WILL cost the football club points.[/u]

Is that a fact? We could have brought in Maiga or Cisse and found out they're s****.

I don't understand the attitude of spending lots of money = better. It was tried under Shepherd and the club was in bits by the end. Look at Leeds too.

Aye, we'll just stick with Lovenkrands and Shola who are proven shit.

Why choose those two?

Why not say we'll have to stick with Ba and Best for now.

Of the 4 primary strikers I'm quite sure the majority would plump for the latter two.

And hopefully a large portion of the season will be one of the above with Ben Arfa behind him.

But, ah damn, that doesn't sound so bad when you say it that way.

Yes we'd have all loved a new striker, especially if he was sexy. It really isn't the end of the world and you may even be ultimately right that it could cost a few points over the length of the season.

But....  - I'm still far more concerned about the paucity of our defence, especially centrally.

Jon taking time out from his daily threesome with Best and Ba to criticize us for not buying a new striker I see? Treacherous harlot.

I try desperately to have a break, think "ah the Pardew thread, that'll do!" then some fuckers mentioning Best as our only goalscorer  :angry: :weep:

I guess they don't like being criticised/slagged by the footballing public? :dontknow:

I stopped trying to make sense of their backward logic and strategy in 2009.

Our aim was to secure young players who represented value for money and could add real strength to the squad. The majority of our transfer dealings were completed in the early part of the window and we feel we have signed some players of exceptional quality. Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux, Mehdi Abeid, Demba Ba and Gabriel Obertan were all brought in early and we have seen these players settle quickly into the squad and perform well on the pitch.

edit:http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110902/newcastle-united-statement_2281670_2439966

Abeid hasn't played, Marveaux has barely played, Ba has been gash. The only one I'll give them is Cabaye & perhaps Obertan to an extent.

He should have kept his mouth shut I've never ever seen a statement from a chairman explain transfer window failings. They fucked up, we knew that. Amateurish once again.

Me either.

DL is our MD though ;)

A statement from Newcastle United Managing Director Derek Llambias

Now that the transfer window has closed, we have had some time to reflect on the business we have conducted over the summer.

Our aim was to secure young players who represented value for money and could add real strength to the squad. The majority of our transfer dealings were completed in the early part of the window and we feel we have signed some players of exceptional quality. Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux, Mehdi Abeid, Demba Ba and Gabriel Obertan were all brought in early and we have seen these players settle quickly into the squad and perform well on the pitch.

Earlier this week we were delighted to sign Davide Santon from Inter Milan to fill our left-back position after the departure of Jose Enrique. Davide is an excellent young prospect and we're sure he'll be another superb addition to the squad. We also welcomed young goalkeeper Rob Elliot from Charlton Athletic who will help us retain healthy competition for that position after loaning out Fraser Forster to Celtic.

Of course we had also hoped to secure a further striker in the window, in addition to Demba Ba. Work to bring a striker into the club began early in the summer. Negotiations were complex and protracted and unfortunately it was disappointing that ultimately we could not secure our priority target.

Whilst we did turn our attention to alternative prospects in the latter stages of the window, we have a very clear transfer policy and will not make knee-jerk decisions at the last-minute which are not in the best interests of the club. We understand that supporters will feel frustrated that we did not sign another striker during the window, but it was not for lack of trying that we did not bring our final target in.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110902/newcastle-united-statement_2281670_2439966

No, it was a lack of being willing to spend what's considered a fair, expected and, in any way you twist and turn it, a neccesary price for much needed quality striker. A new No.9 so to speak! You thick fucking asshole stingy bitch.

A statement from Newcastle United Managing Director Derek Llambias

Now that the transfer window has closed, we have had some time to reflect on the business we have conducted over the summer.

Earlier this week we were delighted to sign Davide Santon from Inter Milan to fill our left-back position after the departure of Jose Enrique. Davide is an excellent young prospect and we're sure he'll be another superb addition to the squad. We also welcomed young goalkeeper Rob Elliot from Charlton Athletic who will help us retain healthy competition for that position after loaning out Fraser Forster to Celtic.

Of course we had also hoped to secure a further striker in the window, in addition to Demba Ba. Work to bring a striker into the club began early in the summer. Negotiations were complex and protracted and unfortunately it was disappointing that ultimately we could not secure our priority target.

Whilst we did turn our attention to alternative prospects in the latter stages of the window, we have a very clear transfer policy and will not make knee-jerk decisions at the last-minute which are not in the best interests of the club. We understand that supporters will feel frustrated that we did not sign another striker during the window, but it was not for lack of trying that we did not bring our final target in.

Do we?  Two straight deadline days of chaos and misinformation and choppers would indicate otherwise.

A statement clarifying that policy and the commitment to whatever it is we're actually committed to would have been far more welcome.  These are just the ramblings of a smug salesman who's run out of product.

Work to bring a striker into the club began early in the summer. Negotiations were complex and protracted and unfortunately it was disappointing that ultimately we could not secure our priority target.

:lol: :lol:

I also like the bit about Obertan being brought in early (9th August), lumping him in with the likes of Cabaye who signed on 10th June. Perhaps sums them up if they consider 79 days into (and 21 days before the end of) the transfer window 'early'.

Relatively impressed btw that the slimy fucker has actually put his name to this, rather than it being anonymous or as 'a source' to Niall Hickman of the Express. :slowclap: