Leon Best

Godot

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He got his start v West Ham and he'd sorted that side of his game out. Then when he tucked the 1st goal away (which if irrc was a good finish) he was totally transformed. I remember him doing dragbacks and those 360 turns on the ball - was like a whole new player. Hes just gone on from there.

Aye, was crazy seeing him break out the FIFA skills. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I would liken his career with us to Bobby Zamora's entire premiership career. Started off rubbish and bit of a joke figure/cult hero, now randomly transformed into a legitimate premier league quality striker. Hopefully Leon can go on even more.

His strike rate can't be ignored. But he isn't by any stretch of the imagination good enough to lead the line at Newcastle.

:lol: Surely anyone thinking this would be ignoring he strike rate, because taking it into consideration he should be one of the first names on the team sheet at the minute.

His strike rate can't be ignored. But he isn't by any stretch of the imagination good enough to lead the line at Newcastle.

Fair play for having the balls to say it. Winning me over though.

I kinda agree with him. More than good enough to be an important squad player, but not sure every week. And I'm one of those that didn't write him off when he was shite.

Fair play for having the balls to say it. Winning me over though.

I kinda agree with him. More than good enough to be an important squad player, but not sure every week. And I'm one of those that didn't write him off when he was shite.

Hope he keeps scoring obviously. His confidence has come on leaps and bounds. Think at his age he will develop at bit more and would be a good squad striker at most bottom half PL sides. But realistically that's about it.

I'm actually starting to love him. How many more goals are people going to write off before they admit he's a good Premier League striker? :lol:

£1m Leon Best, 9 league goals in 2011.

£35m Andy Carroll, 2 league goals in 2011.

Problem, Scousefags? :troll:

Anyone know if hes the top Premier League scorer in 2011? Couldnt be that far off. Suspect Rooney may have more though

the lad's only twenty four (almost twenty five) but he'll improve in certain elements of his game. He already has a goalscorer's instinct and good technique off both feet. Just needs to stop being offside needlessly. I like how he holds up the ball and I've liked him for a long time. There's a general consensus on here now, not just a bandwagon consensus that he's good enough to start and that Shola shouldn't be allowed on the pitch. Once Pardew accepts this instead of living in denial we'll all be the better for it

Another goal today and you can't knock his goals record at the minute.  One thing i would say is even though he got the goal today he should have buried the initial header,  you can't miss free headers from inside the 6 yard box, if it had come back off Givens legs and back to a defender and cleared he'd be getting slated on here now!!

Guest Dontooner

Best is obviously still learning his trade , apart from scoring he does quite little contributing to the gameplay. Not ruling him out as first choice as long as he keeps poaching all those goals. Would be worried by him if he goes quiet for a few games , as he looks very droppable.

IMO I think he would aspire if he is played as a poacher , need a player that is quick and could dribble to play with him. Maybe before we could buy one Ben afra would be a good foil

I've slated him but credit where it's due, he's winning me over. At times i think he looks really clumsy on the ball, but bizarrely effective. The turn for his goal against fulham, the turn and shot at qpr, and a similar turn today. They don't look fluid at all but he still beats his man and gets the shot away.

He's our first option up front now for me like.