Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Gameiro wants Spain move and Valencia will play in the CL. It's all clear.

I think Sturridge is the best striker in the market this summer. I know most of you don't agree with me :D

Just one minor problem - Sturridge isn't actually on the market.  He wants to stay at Chelsea.

I think Sturridge is the best striker in the market this summer. I know most of you don't agree with me :D

Just one minor problem - Sturridge isn't actually on the market.  He wants to stay at Chelsea.

I don't think so. He want to play every week. If Chelsea buy Lukaku or Neymar or both  there is no place for him.

agreed, would extremely happy to see us go for him.

Journal basically saying we would be in pole position if we can persuade him not to go to Valencia. We would be offering the full payment whereas Spanish clubs tend to offer in payment in stages. Also said he is our top target over Gervinho and we wouldn't be buying both.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Journal basically saying we would be in pole position if we can persuade him not to go to Valencia. We would be offering the full payment whereas Spanish clubs tend to offer in payment in stages. Also said he is our top target over Gervinho and we wouldn't be buying both.

Get posting on twitter you will be ITK :)

NUFC may persuade Kevin Gameiro to snub Spain

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/05/31/nufc-may-persuade-kevin-gameiro-to-snub-spain-61634-28791846/#ixzz1NulUwIFb

NEWCASTLE United have moved into pole position in the chase for highly-rated France striker Kevin Gameiro – provided that they can convince him to turn his back on a move to Spain.

Flushed with the success of landing Lille’s French international midfielder Yohan Cabaye last week, United’s next target is to bring in a striker, and they are now leading the chase for Lorient’s coveted star Gameiro.

They also want Lille striker Gervinho, but The Journal understands the club have no intention of bringing in both, and the fact an eight-figure bid has been lodged for Gameiro would suggest he remains the priority target.

Newcastle had a £10million offer accepted late last week, which puts them ahead of fellow suitors Valencia, Seville and Paris-Saint Germain – who won’t cough up Lorient’s high asking price for the striker.

Gameiro’s club are understood to be very keen to do business with United because Newcastle’s board intend to pay the fee up front, which has been Mike Ashley’s policy over the last two years.

Spanish clubs tend to pay in instalments, which makes Gameiro’s desire to move to La Liga less appealing to Lorient.

Gameiro’s advisers informed English suitors a few weeks ago that Spain was his preferred option, but he is still open to moving to the Premier League, with United’s growing French contingent proof of their pulling power in that country.

United are confident they will be able to convince Gameiro and his advisers about a move to Tyneside.

However, he has been included in the France squad for Friday’s Euro 2012 qualifier with Belarus and friendlies against next year’s tournament hosts Ukraine and Poland, meaning any decision may have to wait until the conclusion of the summer internationals on June 6.

If that doesn’t work, United look poised to turn to Gervinho – who is attracting plenty of interest himself.

As yet no fee has been agreed for the Ivory Coast striker, but negotiations between his club Lille and United have begun, with Gervinho understood to be interested in discussing a move to St James’ Park.

He is close to Newcastle’s Cheick Tioté, who is an international team-mate, and United will offer him personal terms that will far outweigh the wages which he is currently on at French champions Lille.

Gervinho’s advisers are casting around for interest in the player and reports from France that Newcastle’s Premier League rivals Everton are also interested in the player adds some urgency to the Magpies’ striker hunt.

It was claimed across the Channel yesterday afternoon that an 11million bid for the striker from the Goodison Park club had been turned down because he has his heart set on signing for another club.

However, United are playing a delicate waiting game while Gameiro is still available.

If Gervinho does sign for Newcastle, he will be joining former Lille team-mate Cabaye, a box-to-box midfield playmaker who has agreed to sign for United when he returns from international duty.

Canny Newcastle have exploited a release clause in his contract to strike a £4.3m deal for the 25-year-old, who is one of the hottest prospects in French football.

An attacking midfelder who has just broken into the international squad, United have beaten Arsenal to bring the player to St James’ Park.

Cabaye’s manager at Lille, Rudi Garcia, admitted after les Dogues’ final game of the season that the player would be leaving the French club.

“Yohan told us on Sunday – first me, then the whole group – that he has chosen to join Newcastle,” he said.

“It is a choice that I respect, although I wish he continued the adventure with us.”

Meanwhile, United boss Alan Pardew has set out the qualities he expects his new recruits to have.

“This summer will give me an opportunity to bring in some aspects of the squad that I think are missing,” the Magpies manager said. “That’s pace, athleticism and quality.

“Although we have that in the squad, we need more of it. Those three areas are the areas that I’m targeting to improve.”

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thread title update ffs.

What to

Local journo guesses that Gameiro might choose nufc over valencia

Hope the squad aren't reading those comments from Pards = we lack "pace, athleticism and quality!".

He's right like.

I can think of two fellas with contract issues who might be reading that with some concern.

Hope the squad aren't reading those comments from Pards = we lack "pace, athleticism and quality!".

He's right like.

Didnt he say 'we have it, but need more'? 

Yep.