Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I'd say he's worth £15m. We don't really need a new CM if he leaves though. Yesterday was proof enough to show that what we really need is a left-winger/striker.

Anita - Siss

Marv

Is good enough to start for a top 10 side. Play Benny and Remy/Winger on each side of Remy/Cisse/Striker and we'll be fine. With injuries we have Bigi, Gosling, Tiote to play centrally and Ben Arfa to play in the Marv position.

I think we do need another midfielder if he's sold on top of a winger & a striker.

If one of Sissoko or Anita gets injured we will then have to suffer the likes of Jonas and Tiote playing central midfield, that's worked so well over the last 12 months.

13m? Not interested. 18-20m that we can potentially have a similar replacement plus excess for another player and I think it's reasonable considering the current circumstances.

We won't have a choice either way at this ugly stage. Unlikely we want to keep him and if we fail to sell, we have to reintegrate a discontented player who has either gone on strike to force his way out, or is affected by the club lying to the media about his unprofessionalism.

What really fucks me off about this is that whilst Baines, Fellani et al continue to play and prove their worth, every time Cabaye doesn't play it weakens our position and essentially lessens his value.

However saying that, the opposite also appears to be true for Gomis who most be the only player in football history who seems to be worth more the closer he gets to his contract expiring.

What the hell is it with this club?

Guest Recoba

I do not think he is a £20m player like. If a club with an oligarch is not interested we can kiss a crazy fee goodbye.

The trouble is that Arsenal appear to be the only team in for Cabaye. PSG and Monaco haven't bid for him. Cabaye wants to leave so it doesn't exactly put NUFC in a position of power. NUFC's options appear to be to sell him to Arsenal for much less than we want or have him moping around until January (after his performances last season I can't see Cabaye playing good enough to encourage other teams to come in for him in the January transfer window).

I'd say he's worth £15m. We don't really need a new CM if he leaves though. Yesterday was proof enough to show that what we really need is a left-winger/striker.

Anita - Siss

Marv

Is good enough to start for a top 10 side. Play Benny and Remy/Winger on each side of Remy/Cisse/Striker and we'll be fine. With injuries we have Bigi, Gosling, Tiote to play centrally and Ben Arfa to play in the Marv position.

We definitely need another attacking midfielder if Cabaye goes.

Hell we need one anyway but we can't be relying on only Marveaux all season long.

Anita - Siss

Marv

We definitely need another attacking midfielder if Cabaye goes.

Hell we need one anyway but we can't be relying on only Marveaux all season long.

I'd still have winger/striker as a priority. Our biggest problem right now is lack of movement.

The trouble is that Arsenal appear to be the only team in for Cabaye. PSG and Monaco haven't bid for him. Cabaye wants to leave so it doesn't exactly put NUFC in a position of power. NUFC's options appear to be to sell him to Arsenal for much less than we want or have him moping around until January (after his performances last season I can't see Cabaye playing good enough to encourage other teams to come in for him in the January transfer window).

we hold the cards imho ,if its true that he refuses to pay seek legal advice and tell Arsenal our valuation take it or leave it ,Cabaye has been a disgrace in my view as all he has to do is clear it all up but says nowt and in my eyes he is the bad boy here.

If he stays, had a decent season and world cup he'd be worth far more than is being suggested. If other teams can hold on to players that want out but no one matches the value then so should we.

Feels bit like Given all over again, can see us getting the piss taken out of us in terms of fee :(

£20m or nowt. He'd eventually get over it and start playing again, and he'll play well with the incentive of the World Cup looming. We need a squad, and if we sell Cabaye, we'd be left short. And with so little time left in the window, clubs will add an extra premium on the price of any centre mid we enquire about as they know our situation. And of course, we won't pay that.

we hold the cards imho ,if its true that he refuses to pay seek legal advice and tell Arsenal our valuation take it or leave it ,Cabaye has been a disgrace in my view as all he has to do is clear it all up but says nowt and in my eyes he is the bad boy here.

The problem is I can see Cabaye sulking all season if he doesn't get a move. I can't picture him busting a gut for us. It's a World Cup year so you'd think he'd be up for it but after his poor season last season I wouldn't bet on it. Will he play well for us to try to get a move in January if he doesn't move before this transfer window?