Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot 5m

Hard training session with my boys gilles ekoto and @YCabayeofficiel up in the air, getting myself fit ;)

BOG35weCMAA2o9Y.jpg

Chelsea trackie bottoms??

I thought that was Ba.

The fee we get for him is fucking irrelevant - It's what we do after he leaves that's important.

Those saying "I'd take £25m" - You do realise that you personally won't get any of that, yes?

Hard training session with my boys gilles ekoto and @YCabayeofficiel up in the air, getting myself fit ;)

BOG35weCMAA2o9Y.jpg

I wonder who's fitness couldn't hack the jogging and resulted in getting the bike out  :shifty:

I really wish - on the basis that Cabaye will probably leave - that we bought our bloody replacements before we sold.  First, it means we aren't left in a position where we may potentially be a man light.  Secondly, they have longer to bed into the team.  Thirdly, and probably most importantly to Mike, there is less chance of the selling club demanding more money when they see we have sold Cabaye for lots of money.

Guest Roger Kint

BOG35weCMAA2o9Y.jpg

Chelsea trackie bottoms??

I thought that was Ba.

:lol:

Guest Spark

Nice to see some footballers actually getting in shape for pre-season training. Like that.

Meanwhile Wayne Rooney is drowning in Pot Noodles.

"He brings a lot of guarantees to different positions. [He] is an interesting player," Blanc told reporters.

Hardly a Redknapp-style tapping up.

???

Aye its about as respectful as you can get really considering he was probably really pushed on it by the reporters.

BOG35weCMAA2o9Y.jpg

ba's got the same trainers as me!

You get trained by Ekoto and Cabs? Good cop bad cop fitness sessions?

Could Newcastle's Cabaye be on his way to PSG?

By Paul Fraser,

8:00am Thursday 4th July 2013

LAURENT BLANC has put Newcastle United on alert after identifying £15m-rated Yohan Cabaye as one of Paris St Germain's two leading transfer targets of the summer.

Blanc replaced Carlo Ancelotti at the French capital's biggest club last month and has substantial funds available for him to invest in the squad he has inherited.

And as well as pursuing Napoli's £50m man Edinson Cavani to bolster his attacking options, Cabaye has been earmarked as the preferred choice to add to his midfield following David Beckham's departure.

The uncertainty surrounding the Newcastle player's future has grown after a frustrating second season at St James' Park, when he had been expecting to at least qualify for Europe again.

There is also significant interest from another money-flushed French club, Monaco, even if Cabaye has previously hinted he would be interested in a move to Manchester United.

But Joe Kinnear, Newcastle's recently appointed director of football, has already insisted Cabaye will not be going anywhere this summer. His resolve will be tested when PSG follow up their interest from across the English Channel.

Blanc formed a strong relationship with Cabaye during his time in charge of France and regards him as a player he can trust if he can persuade Newcastle to sell.

The PSG boss said: "He offers a lot of different options in different positions."

Cabaye still has three years remaining on his contract and Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is in no rush to sell a player he regards as one of the team's best players.

But with PSG's mega-rich Qatari owners keen to build a squad capable of dominating Europe, Ashley could be faced with a difficult decision if Newcastle's valuation is met.

Cabaye only cost £4.5 two summers ago and was a crucial factor in Newcastle's rise to a fifth place finish in his first season on Tyneside.

Kinnear is keen to bring in striker Darren Bent from Aston Villa and James Tomkins from West Ham, but there is a reluctance to pay over the odds for players unlikely to have much of a sell-on value.

If Cabaye was sold in the coming weeks then a fee in the region of £15m would seriously strengthen Kinnear's arm on the transfer front. But it would also leave Newcastle short in midfield, even more so following the departure of James Perch yesterday.

Perch, predominantly a defender, has also been used regularly in the middle of the pitch and his £750,000 switch to Wigan Athletic has further weakened Pardew's selection options.

Wigan have handed the 27-year-old a four-year contract and he has become Owen Coyle's fourth signing since taking over in the hope of leading the Latics back to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Perch, a former Nottingham Forest player who moved to the North-East in 2010 and went on to play 80 times, said: "It feels great to be here with a new challenge ahead of me, and I'm very excited at getting that started.

"The prospect of helping to get the team promoted was really appealing and I can't wait to meet the rest of the boys and get started.

"I think Wigan Athletic is a great club and after speaking with the manager, his ambition and determination to take the club back to the Premier League where it belongs is something I wanted to be a part of."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10524487.Could_Newcastle_s_Cabaye_be_on_his_way_to_PSG_/