Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I don't want him to go :(

Your f***ing birthday is a day that will live in infamy, it's all down to you :lol:

I'd seriously hate for my birthday to be the last day/match he plays for us.

But like you said earlier, if Cabaye goes and that actually means we get Cabella and De Jong, that could be a potentially huge plus for us.

Guest bimpy474

Anyway I'm going to pretend this isn't real, because we don't sell our best players.

We dont, that Carroll fella is a pile of wank, people on here said so earlier.

:sad:

We should get more from PSG. Only positive if he moves to PSG is that I don't have to hate him when he's playing for Man U or some other club in our league.

Well said, that would be horrible.

imagine the commentators wondering where they discovered such a talent  :anguish:

Guest bimpy474

I don't want him to go :(

Your f***ing birthday is a day that will live in infamy, it's all down to you :lol:

I'd seriously hate for my birthday to be the last day/match he plays for us.

But like you said earlier, if Cabaye goes and that actually means we get Cabella and De Jong, that could be a potentially huge plus for us.

Aye, massive if though. Be nice to be on the Newcastle Utd rollercoaster that goes up once in a while.

Lets be honest we never have sold our best players unless they wanted to leave, or for extortionate amounts.

To be fair, no team ever sells their best players for anything other than those two circumstances. (Unless they're in administration I suppose)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/lemmetweet/tweet/imgs/TBMxkmtJZhBiWaVrUaxJdBOu.jpg20140119-2-566r30?1390162330

Something about his head being disparu

Disco made it :lol:

:troll: #headsgone

:lol: That will probably be fact on Facebook come the end of tonight.

I say this every time but I don't give a fuck how much we'd reportedly get. We'd be losing an absolutely brilliant player who's in great form. In return we get a completely untested replacement that could be a massive flop. And that's if we're lucky.

It's pretty disappointing no matter how you slice it, primarily because it further signals a total lack of ambition from the club. The money is a small consolation.

We can't we just buy Cabella with the money we didn't spend last summer and keep Cabaye and improve our squad ffs.

We all wish that's how it would be, sadly we are owned by a t*** who will never spend anything unless you sell first.

Believe me i'm just as gutted and f*cking annoyed as everyone else but more importantly than anything else if the replacement is in before hand we won't be in a Carroll situation.

Clutching at straws i know.

I wont be mad at Cabaye if he leaves because he's good enough to win major honours imo.

I'll be mad at the clubs lack of ambition (again).

I think he would be a perfect signing for PSG he will give them something they don't currently have especially as Pastore hasn't been the success they'd hoped.

No doubt, it frustrates me on a weekly basis most wins this season i have felt very empty inside because i know all its going to be is making up the numbers come the end of the season.

From an Ashley and AP perspective, now is the preferred time to flog him. Cash in, huge profit. He was always looking to go as he's actually got some ambition and we are safe.

Sell now, try to replace but whatever happens, we've made big profit and AP has got 7 months to get the midfield balance right again.

Everyone wins from their perspective.

Guest bimpy474

:sad:

We should get more from PSG. Only positive if he moves to PSG is that I don't have to hate him when he's playing for Man U or some other club in our league.

Well said, that would be horrible.

imagine the commentators wondering where they discovered such a talent  :anguish:

Oh god yeah, fulfilling his talent because he's now at a big club.......... :gm's patter:

Putting aside the fact that his departure needn't be an inevitability...

I'd hoped we would hang on for a bit more cash. I'm not gonna sit here and define a player by his value in the transfer market - but the facts are: he's a brilliant player, he's in brilliant form, he's a French starter, prime age, PSG are absolutely loaded. £21m would be the second highest fee we've ever received but I still reckon we could get more for him.

Anyway I'm going to pretend this isn't real, because we don't sell our best players.

:sadnod:

Him and Carroll. Two situations where one of our prized assets has been touted for a move. Sell't em both times as soon as the big bucks were on the table.

Putting aside the fact that his departure needn't be an inevitability...

I'd hoped we would hang on for a bit more cash. I'm not gonna sit here and define a player by his value in the transfer market - but the facts are: he's a brilliant player, he's in brilliant form, he's a French starter, prime age, PSG are absolutely loaded. £21m would be the second highest fee we've ever received but I still reckon we could get more for him.

He's definitely worth far more.

Lets be honest we never have sold our best players unless they wanted to leave, or for extortionate amounts.

First time for everything I suppose.

Fellaini cost significantly more than this for fucks sake.