Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Cabaye is massive for us, only creative player we've got. Cabella will have a hell of a job replacing him if this happens.

We've got a very good creative player that our manager won't pick.

Don't get me started on that bollocks :lol: Ben Arfa is a wide player though, we need a creative player in the middle as well.

sadly we can´t do anything except getting as much as possible. He wants to leave - if the price is right we should leave now. No point in waiting...or season is decided....maybe better to get new quality in so we can start preparing for next season.

sad to see him leave...but fact is - if not now then in summer. Might as well accept and move on!

gutted :whatdidido:

Guest bimpy474

Why cant we spend the TV money we didn't spend because we didn't get it until the end of this season, wasn't that the excuse they used for not spending last time.

We can't we just buy Cabella with the money we didn't spend last summer and keep Cabaye and improve our squad ffs.

We all wish that's how it would be, sadly we are owned by a twat who will never spend anything unless you sell first.

Believe me i'm just as gutted and f*cking annoyed as everyone else but more importantly than anything else if the replacement is in before hand we won't be in a Carroll situation.

Clutching at straws i know.

I say this every time but I don't give a fuck how much we'd reportedly get. We'd be losing an absolutely brilliant player who's in great form. In return we get a completely untested replacement that could be a massive flop. And that's if we're lucky.

On the plus side, at least we'd be able to fund the next three seasons. See Carroll, A.

:thup:

Given that Cabaye is a starter for the French team and our market is solely there we literally cannot improve.

Guest palnese

His stock may well be higher in the summer, particularly if he has a good World Cup.

Only 1 year left on his deal then. Doubt we'd get much more for him in the summer.

Interesting if true. Not a horrendous deal, but not sure in the logic of selling our best player and replacing him with someone who is still quite raw and isn't a like for like replacement.

Then again realistically we have f*** all to play for so it doesn't really matter that much.

While he isn't a like for like replacement it doesn't really change that much as Cabaye has been playing off the striker all season.

Makes sense to buy an actual attacking midfielder to replace him tbf.

Would probably go along with that. My only issue is that he still has a fair bit of developing to do, but obviously that fits the Ashley blueprint.

I don't want us to sign him and the lad have his confidence crushed by being replaced by Shola if things aren't going well. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

:sad:

We should get more from PSG. Only positive if he moves to PSG is that I don't have to hate him when he's playing for Man U or some other club in our league.

Well said, that would be horrible.

Guest palnese

http://s3.amazonaws.com/lemmetweet/tweet/imgs/TBMxkmtJZhBiWaVrUaxJdBOu.jpg20140119-2-566r30?1390162330

Something about his head being disparu

Disco made it :lol:

Guest palnese

His stock may well be higher in the summer, particularly if he has a good World Cup.

Only 1 year left on his deal then. Doubt we'd get much more for him in the summer.

2016 for Cabaye.

Oh.

We can't we just buy Cabella with the money we didn't spend last summer and keep Cabaye and improve our squad ffs.

We all wish that's how it would be, sadly we are owned by a t*** who will never spend anything unless you sell first.

Believe me i'm just as gutted and f*cking annoyed as everyone else but more importantly than anything else if the replacement is in before hand we won't be in a Carroll situation.

Clutching at straws i know.

I wont be mad at Cabaye if he leaves because he's good enough to win major honours imo.

I'll be mad at the clubs lack of ambition (again).

I think he would be a perfect signing for PSG he will give them something they don't currently have especially as Pastore hasn't been the success they'd hoped.