Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I'd rather we tried to replace him with Will Hughes or someone of that ilk. Cabella is a good player but he isn't a Cabaye style player.

I'm guessing he's not a direct replacement, that's what the other £8-9m is for.

I'd rather we tried to replace him with Will Hughes or someone of that ilk. Cabella is a good player but he isn't a Cabaye style player.

I'm guessing he's not a direct replacement, that's what the other £8-9m is for.

My sides.

:yao:

Cabaye is massive for us, only creative player we've got. Cabella will have a hell of a job replacing him if this happens.

They are very different players, Cabella seems to me as if he should be playing out wide and cutting in.

Where as Cabaye is a passer Cabella is a dribbler.

Why did the thread title throw up an error when I tried to reply to a post?

What kind of error? Anyway, it's probably because of the euro symbol.

Too many characters, something about being over 80 of them.

If this is indeed contingent on the Cabella deal it's about as positive as the inevitable departure of Cabaye could be. Getting an immediate replacement and good wad of money left over.

I mean obviously I'd prefer that we'd be able to build on players like Cabaye rather than selling them, but that's not the world we live in is it?

Cabaye is massive for us, only creative player we've got. Cabella will have a hell of a job replacing him if this happens.

We've got a very good creative player that our manager won't pick.

I'd rather we tried to replace him with Will Hughes or someone of that ilk. Cabella is a good player and should be a good addition but he isn't a Cabaye style player.

Anita and Tiote needs to play in cm IMO, we need a number ten, if Cabella can come in and do that job we might end up all right.

I'd rather we tried to replace him with Will Hughes or someone of that ilk. Cabella is a good player and should be a good addition but he isn't a Cabaye style player.

Yeah but Cabaye hasn't been playing in his natural position.... he's been playing off Remy so the fact that he's different to Cabaye doesn't make much difference.

Bringing in an attacking midfielder to replace Cabaye who has been playing that role all season changes nothing in terms of how the teams set up.

I say this every time but I don't give a fuck how much we'd reportedly get. We'd be losing an absolutely brilliant player who's in great form. In return we get a completely untested replacement that could be a massive flop. And that's if we're lucky.

On the plus side, at least we'd be able to fund the next three seasons. See Carroll, A.

Guest bimpy474

Shame if he's not sticking around to aid us in our quest for 8th.

:lol: exactly, who can blame him for wanting to do better.

I say this every time but I don't give a f*** how much we'd reportedly get. We'd be losing an absolutely brilliant player who's in great form. In return we get a completely untested replacement that could be a massive flop. And that's if we're lucky.

On the plus side, at least we'd be able to fund the next three seasons. See Carroll, A.

Yep. Absolutely gutted if this happens.

I say this every time but I don't give a fuck how much we'd reportedly get. We'd be losing an absolutely brilliant player who's in great form. In return we get a completely untested replacement that could be a massive flop. And that's if we're lucky.

thats modern football for sides outside of the champions league club.