Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I admire the positivity of people reckoning the team will be better off without Ba but fuck me the other players need to buck their ideas up fast if we're to replace his goals. We're shipping goals like fuck and now our top scorer is off. That's not normally a good combination.

Guest neesy111

So we are 3 strikers light from the summer if Ba leaves. (Ba, Best and Lovenkrands).  Least Best and Lovenkrands were bodies and better than likes of Sammy.

I admire the positivity of people reckoning the team will be better off without Ba but fuck me the other players need to buck their ideas up fast if we're to replace his goals. We're shipping goals like fuck and now our top scorer is off. That's not normally a good combination.

I'm not happy he's going but I had resigned myself to it since Pardew brought up the clause again in September so it doesn't hurt that much.

It is a concern, I've always had a feeling we'd come out of it ok though for reasons already covered, let's wait and see.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Though others have seemed to be stepping up in recent weeks compared to a few months ago.

If he wants to go that's about it. He has scored a lot of goals for us. Sure we can criticise the board for a £7m clause but at the end of the day as a free transfer he was in a position of strength with negotiations.

If Debuchy does come in we would be looking at the strongest XI we have had for a considerable amount of time. May not have happened as quickly as everyone would have liked but we will have some very good players on our books. A centre-back and a forward and I will be happy enough.

Team has been playing better football for the past few games. Real tragedy for me is the fact we have only started to play anywhere near our ability half way through the season. 

I'm not happy he's going but I had resigned myself to it since Pardew brought up the clause again in September so it doesn't hurt that much.

Was already gone in my mind. Not happy by any means but he's leaving early in the window to a team we're not in competition with so it's the best and cleanest possible departure.

I admire the positivity of people reckoning the team will be better off without Ba but f*** me the other players need to buck their ideas up fast if we're to replace his goals. We're shipping goals like f*** and now our top scorer is off. That's not normally a good combination.

this