Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Loves the city so much he f**ks off to Argentina at any given opportunity

I cannot even imagine being so far away from my daughter, missing her growing up.

Isn't he so far away from his children because he had an affair and his wife took their kids back to Argentina? That's all his fault, they were all in Newcastle before the affair

Loves the city so much he f**ks off to Argentina at any given opportunity

I cannot even imagine being so far away from my daughter, missing her growing up.

Isn't he so far away from his children because he had an affair and his wife took their kids back to Argentina? That's all his fault, they were all in Newcastle before the affair

If that's true yeah it's his fault but I still can understand why he'd want to be closer to his kids.

Well give the guy a bit of a break, that sort of upheaval can be traumatic.. even if you're a millionaire footballer. I didn't know he had his kids taken away from him like that. I always thought the lot of them just got sick of the cold winters. It would explain his inconsistent and then consistent bad form to a degree, also being Pardewed.. and every other piece of drama the club has made for itself

I have mixed feelings about the player. On his day, easily the classiest defender we've had in the modern era along with Woodgate and Albert. Sadly those days were far less than the Sideshow Bob moments, gutless turning of the back when shots were coming in and accepting the role of club captain when he really wasn't the best choice.

But, he gave 8 years of his life to this club, regardless of anything else and i wish him luck for his swansong back home.

I'll still remember him fondly. A joy to watch at his best, and more good memories than bad in an era of almost ever-present mitigating factors. He's undoubtedly been a player in decline for at least a couple of years, but he's also been scapegoated far too often.

I can understand him wanting to go but he should have went when things were bad in his private life instead of going home all the time under false pretences, and he should never have signed that new contract last year.

He wanted away from quite a while now but he toughed it out. Performances haven't been up to standard as a result. From a football point of view the situation was annoying, but on a human level I sympathize. Happy all round that he got his move. Should have happened a year ago, really.

I like to remember the best about people and he had plenty of good games here if we're fair. He had a physique that wasn't really suited to the league but he had a skill set good enough to make it work, for a while at least. Could read the game very well and i've rarely seen a CB make interceptions as often as he did. Rather those than last ditch tackles any day. He certainly had his rough days but don't we all.

The letter was a nice touch.

I can understand him wanting to go but he should have went when things were bad in his private life instead of going home all the time under false pretences, and he should never have signed that new contract last year.

We didn't let him go when he wanted to go, rightly so at the time. I would like some kind of explanation as to why he seemed to disappear last season at some stage but I doubt we'll get that

I'll still remember him fondly. A joy to watch at his best, and more good memories than bad in an era of almost ever-present mitigating factors. He's undoubtedly been a player in decline for at least a couple of years, but he's also been scapegoated far too often.

Same here.

Agreed.