Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Who's judging him on 90 minutes a week? The lack of leadership on the field is only part of it, and a pretty big part as it happens.

'Everything else', man. The guy's been our top earner for 5 years, our captain for 18 months and would gladly walk away when we need him most. If that's leadership in your eyes you need to get out and experience a bit of the world, or look at every club that's consistently won things over the past 3 decades and take a look at who leads them out.

Who's judging him on 90 minutes a week? The lack of leadership on the field is only part of it, and a pretty big part as it happens.

'Everything else', man. The guy's been our top earner for 5 years, our captain for 18 months and would gladly walk away when we need him most. If that's leadership in your eyes you need to get out and experience a bit of the world, or look at every club that's consistently won things over the past 3 decades and take a look at who leads them out.

I would guess that I've forgotten more about leadership than you've ever known.  :lol:

I would guess that I've forgotten more about leadership than you've ever known.  :lol:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/approval/grand/little_kid_approve_gif.gif

I have no complaints about his on the field captain duties, but you can't find any fault at all in a captain who wants to jump ship in the middle of a relegation fight and doesn't communicate (about this) with the fans..? :lol:

I'll reserve judgement with regards to him wanting to leave.  I don’t know why he wanted to go, if it was because we weren’t doing well then I’ll probably change my mind, I’ll not change it based on rumours based on nothing but tittle tattle.

The fact that we don't know his reasons is being used as a blanket excuse for everything. It's bad enough that he wanted to leave us in the middle of a relegation fight. But even if his personal issues were super terrible, the least he could have done now that he has agreed to stay on till end of the season is come out with a statement to assure everyone that he is committed to the cause and rally his team mates that everyone have to focus on the job coz we have a fight on our hands.  What sort of captain rocks the boat and then pretends like nothing happened afterwords. In fact what he effectively said, is that I really want to be on the San Lorenzo ship but this contract chains are holding me back from jumping ship. That to me is not captain material at all, notwithstanding the fact that I still think that he will perform as usual.

Perhaps my understanding of what a captain should be is a bit on the traditional side, but ask yourself this question, would captains like Shearer, Roy Keane, Vieira, Terry, Kompany, Gerrard do the same thing?

Perhaps my understanding of what a captain should be is a bit on the traditional side, but ask yourself this question, would captains like Shearer, Roy Keane, Vieira, Terry, Kompany, Gerrard do the same thing?

Terry's not the best example eh? Didn't he cuckold a teammate?

I'm in no way suggesting that these are exemplary captains, they all have their own issues and have caused problems for their respective clubs, some more than others. But I dare say that none of them would threaten to leave their clubs midway through the season, and then after agreeing to stay comes out with a statement that demonstrates how much they really wanted to leave and keep absolutely mum to their own supporters.

:lol:

That's a true leader man, takes charge on and off the pitch.

Fabricio Coloccini needs to speak to the fans

Journal Live-5 minutes ago

ALAN Pardew has repeated his call for Fabricio Coloccini to address Newcastle United's supporters – despite saying he is not too worried about the open letter ...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/01/29/fabricio-coloccini-needs-to-speak-to-the-fans-61634-32700172/

Fabricio Coloccini needs to speak to the fans

Journal Live-5 minutes ago

ALAN Pardew has repeated his call for Fabricio Coloccini to address Newcastle United's supporters – despite saying he is not too worried about the open letter ...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/01/29/fabricio-coloccini-needs-to-speak-to-the-fans-61634-32700172/

Finally, Pards seems to have realised, though i must stress for all his tactical shortcomings this season, Pards has handled this pretty well on the whole. He has been respectful so far and now its time for Colo to clear things up.

:lol:

That's a true leader man, takes charge on and off the pitch.

Dangerous in the opponent's box, as well as your wife's.

-or-

Clears the ball, and your wife's knickers.

I feel like there is an ace joke in there somewhere but I just can't quite find it. I'm also a year or so too late I suppose. And in the wrong thread. I'll just go ahead and hang it up now.  :-X

So the whole thing has been a massive fuck up, all Colo has ever said "the only time i'd go back to argentina, was if i had personal problems" which translated into he has personal problems and wants to go home.

Hyped up by the media and random bullshit speculation.

Great.

So the whole thing has been a massive f*** up, all Colo has ever said "the only time i'd go back to argentina, was if i had personal problems" which translated into he has personal problems and wants to go home.

Great.

or "what do i need to say to give me an easier few months here"

So the whole thing has been a massive f*** up, all Colo has ever said "the only time i'd go back to argentina, was if i had personal problems" which translated into he has personal problems and wants to go home.

Great.

:thup: there's definitely been more to this otherwise he would have said this a month ago.

Great.

Aye, true.