Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

In an alternative universe, shepherd let Sir Bobby sign Terry and Woodgate that January rather than one or the other.

Robson would have kept his job for another 2 or 3 years and we'd have been title challengers year on year, and possibly gotten purchased by the Abu Dhabi lot.

Guest firetotheworks

You win some you lose some I guess. If we'd got our other targets every time, we'd have had Solako instead of Ginola and Jeffers instead of Bellamy.

Yeah, those two are true. Also goes the other way around in that we could have had Carrick.

Tbh I think Zenden would have been very good for us at that time, we would have been very happy with that one!

Still annoys me the reason we didn't sign Carrick. Robson wanted to buy him in the summer of 2004 but Shepherd wouldn't let him because his contract was up the following summer and he believed we could get him for peanuts in the January as "there is no way Michael Carrick will sign for anyone else other than Newcastle". That's from his book as I'm sure a lot of people would know. More of Fat Fred's geordie nation bollocks.

Continuing to be awful. We really need a few new CB's and scrapping what we have now. Never going to happen though.

Dummett is the only one I'd keep around, with Lascelles coming in at the end of the season. So we'd need 2 starters. God that's grim.

Really showed he is on the downward slope with yesturdays performance.

Roma have one of the best defences in the italian league I wonder if they have center halfs we could buy ?