Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I'm not really sure how it wasn't cleared by one of the post markers. We had Colo and Anita within a foot of the ball and neither went for it?

It looked like both thought that the other one would take it. Hopeless.

Both weren't covering the post to begin with, they were tracking back after the header, if either was on the post to begin they could have cleared it.

Kept us in the game yesterday.

Then lost us it.

He made a mistake but who was covering the near post, basic defending also cost us as much as the dodgy punch as we had nobody near the post.

100% agree. Thought he was very good yesterday. The punch was a bit weak but there has to be cover on the post. That's the big mistake.

Should be dropped when Krul is fit. Yes he is in good form but Krul is simply better in every way.

People cannot blame players on the line either for Elliot's cock up, if you're that s*** at coming off the line...don't do it. He got a punch on it and it was weak as piss, it's his fault no one else. The players put trust in Elliot that he would clear it.

Guest neesy111

Should be dropped when Krul is fit. Yes he is in good form but Krul is simply better in every way.

People cannot blame players on the line either for Elliot's cock up, if you're that s*** at coming off the line...don't do it.

So krul's distribution is better?

People cannot blame players on the line either for Elliot's cock up, if you're that s*** at coming off the line...don't do it.

So krul's distribution is better?

Before the game against Everton Krul had a good 5% better pass succession.

edit:

Looked at after that:

Krul - 720 minutes this season (EPL), Average passes per game: 32.4 with 55.6% success rate

Elliot - 900 minutes this season (EPL), Average passes per game: 28.8 with 51% success rate

So Krul's distribution is better, more accurate and he does it more often. Not good enough for either of them though but Elliot is definitely not better.

Think Krul has regressed a lot personally. Changed my mind about Blob - has played really well since coming on. Kudos for playing when injured too.

Think Krul has regressed a lot personally. Changed my mind about Blob - has played really well since coming on. Kudos for playing when injured too.

Krul is a better keeper than Elliot, Elliot has done better than I expected and has definitely improved but Krul at his best is better than Elliot at his best.

Krul is a better keeper than Elliot, Elliot has done better than I expected and has definitely improved but Krul at his best is better than Elliot at his best.

Except Krul hasn't been at his best for quite some time.

Those passing stats don't give the full picture really though. It's easy to make 40 ten yard passes a game and keep your accuracy up. Elliotts distribution is better and actually as of late he has been a breath of fresh air. He's one of the few decent things to come out of this season so far.

• 3 weeks later...