QPR v NUFC - Monday 12th September. Live on Sky (8pm kick-off)

Fatwax

Surprised people are so sure about a good result here.  I think they'll give us a game.

I agree... Nothing against positivity... I just wonder what people are seeing that I'm not this season... Can't think of us creating many chances from open play in all 3 games... Cabaye against Arsenal... Gosling against Sunderland and the two converted along with Ba off the bar... Plenty of grit and determination though which we'll need down there...

No way will JB let this massive opportunity for attention go by. He'll either run the show or pull out some f*cking stupid stunt and get sent off or grab a retrospective ban. In fact he could do all of those things. The post match twitter will no doubt be worth a look.... 

Guest VaVaVoom

I know it was at home but the Fulham game has given me a fair bit of confidence, that's the sort of game we normally really struggle to get anything out of.

I agree.

Last season we wouldnt of got that result. Same at Sunderland too.

We seem more solid so far this season. The creativity will come.

DJ Campbell to continue as current "s**** player that always has a worldie against us."

I know, what is it about that lad ? Everytime I've seen him, he's looked bloody brilliant, if he could take the same mental attitude into games against other opposition the lad would be an international.

I know it was at home but the Fulham game has given me a fair bit of confidence, that's the sort of game we normally really struggle to get anything out of.

I agree.

Personally both games worried me a little despite the victories, we started extremely slowly in both and had the opposition had any quality about themselves we could have been fighting an uphill battle I'm not convinced we have the ability to get out of.

I'm still not at all confident about the team, despite the start. However one thing I have taken from the first few games, is that there's going to be a lot of crap in the league this year and the thought of being one of the best of the crappy team is what we could translate into confidence.

Best       Ba

Marveaux/Jonas                                 Jonas/Marveaux

Cabaye    Tioté

Santon             Coloccini       Saylor            Simpson

Krul

I agree.

Personally both games worried me a little despite the victories, we started extremely slowly in both and had the opposition had any quality about themselves we could have been fighting an uphill battle I'm not convinced we have the ability to get out of.

I'm still not at all confident about the team, despite the start. However one thing I have taken from the first few games, is that there's going to be a lot of crap in the league this year and the thought of being one of the best of the crappy team is what we could translate into confidence.

Same.

Just to lazy to write anything today. :lol:

Best      Ba

Marveaux/Jonas                                Jonas/Marveaux

Cabaye    Tioté

Santon            Coloccini      Saylor            Simpson

Krul

It should be that simple. Sadly it won't be the case.

Best      Ba

Cabaye    Tioté

Krul

It should be that simple. Sadly it won't be the case.

I know. That's just who I would've lined up.

Best      Ba

Cabaye    Tioté

Krul

Krul up front? ???

Frequently seem to get a promoted team at this stage of the season, frequently get a shite result. Off the top of my head, i can think of Blackpool last season, Hull at home after Keegan went, Derby obviously, Palace bore-draw at home, then there's even Norwich at home before Bobby got lynched. Peculiar pattern tbh.

Absolutely no way we shouldn't be beating this shower of utter garbage - cos that's what they are, and i don't think their signings will bring them anything close to safety - but i've got to say i'm cautious. I'd probably be satisfied with a draw providing there's an improvement in the performance.

--------------------------------- Krul ---------------------------------

Simpson --------- Taylor ------------ Coloccini --------- Santon

Jonas ----------- Cabaye ------------ Tiote ---------- Marveaux

------------------------- Ba ------------ Best ------------------------

1-1. Best again.

Had a dream that I missed the game, but when I checked the score afterwards it had finished 1-1.

Ameobi '12

(Spurs') Livermore '76

I also recall the feeling of disappointment at only having drawn. So I think I'm expecting a win, now.

Had a dream that I missed the game, but when I checked the score afterwards it had finished 1-1.

Ameobi '12

(Spurs') Livermore '76

I also recall the feeling of disappointment at only having drawn. So I think I'm expecting a win, now.

Were we also playing the wrong team in your dream? Not the most relevant.

Frequently seem to get a promoted team at this stage of the season, frequently get a s**** result. Off the top of my head, i can think of Blackpool last season, Hull at home after Keegan went, Derby obviously, Palace bore-draw at home, then there's even Norwich at home before Bobby got lynched. Peculiar pattern tbh.

Absolutely no way we shouldn't be beating this shower of utter garbage - cos that's what they are, and i don't think their signings will bring them anything close to safety - but i've got to say i'm cautious. I'd probably be satisfied with a draw providing there's an improvement in the performance.

1-1. Best again.

Santon most probably won't start according to this preview

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/newcastle/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/09/09/manual_090052.html&TEAMHD=newcastle&BID=332

Newcastle new-boy Davide Santon is unlikely to go straight into the starting XI.

The former Inter Milan full-back headed off on international duty with Italy's Under-21s after completing his move to St James' Park and, as a result, has had little time to be integrated into the Magpies squad and is set to feature from the bench at best at Loftus Road.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwHv80gZ--AmIqZfK5oEIaK5fQxI7ZiUXQ5r4pihYsYl-s70mjPNfusmbe

Nothing new, it's just speculation. Sad stuff. They can jog on, really.

Newcastle new-boy Davide Santon is unlikely to go straight into the starting XI.

The former Inter Milan full-back headed off on international duty with Italy's Under-21s after completing his move to St James' Park and, as a result, has had little time to be integrated into the Magpies squad and is set to feature from the bench at best at Loftus Road.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwHv80gZ--AmIqZfK5oEIaK5fQxI7ZiUXQ5r4pihYsYl-s70mjPNfusmbe

Nothing new, it's just speculation. Sad stuff. They can jog on, really.

:undecided:

Frequently seem to get a promoted team at this stage of the season, frequently get a s**** result. Off the top of my head, i can think of Blackpool last season, Hull at home after Keegan went, Derby obviously, Palace bore-draw at home, then there's even Norwich at home before Bobby got lynched. Peculiar pattern tbh.

1-1. Best again.

I'd be fairly happy with that starting line up although its a bit harsh dropping Raylor who has been surprisingly good and won us a couple of matches. I woulden't be massively surprised if Raylor was to score again should he start. Simpson has been wobbly so i'd drop him to accomodate.

I'd like to see more of the on fire, goal scoring and very creative Sammy Ameobi. Not sure Ba and Best together work well as a combination. Ba has been disappointing thus far although still very early days. Best although he needs several chances scores goals and knows which positions to get into the box.

Marveaux and Jonas i'd also swap round it narrows the field of play for the opposition. Marveaux looks like he could be a good quality addition if we get him fit.

Not too sure about Pardews selections at times i.e. Lovenkrands. Hope Smith does not feature again either.

Guest hobshobs

Ameobi '12

(Spurs') Livermore '76

Must of been a dream. Ameobi scored. Hasn't had a shot on goal yet this season.