Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers pre-match thread - 24/09/11 @ 3pm

Dave

Need to get Obertan running at Givet as much as possible, he's a horrible player Givet, lately anyway..

Marveaux on the right, man

Their left side was just abysmal against Arsenal. Wasn't Hoilett kinda playing out there? He simply refused to track back. I would love to have had Lennon up against them,

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've still got a Fiorentina ticket.

Probably going to have to get that exchanged!

Mine is for platinum club & doesn't have a price on it, is it simple enough just to trade?

Can't believe how bad our home record is against this lot like, it's incredible.

Ben Arfa should be coming off the bench in this game imo and the sooner the better if we're struggling, not one of these 70-80 minute subs.

It's known as 'the Hughton'

I've still got a Fiorentina ticket.

Probably going to have to get that exchanged!

Mine is for platinum club & doesn't have a price on it, is it simple enough just to trade?

My mate exchanged ours, didn't have his ticket but he was on the system as having paid for them.

Just watched Pardew's press conference on NUFC TV and based on the training footage from today it looks like we'll be starting with the same team who played Villa.

Not exactly shocking, I know, but in the eleven-a-side the same front six was definitely present in the same set-up as last weekend.

Coloccini was missing because he had today off to give him a bit more recovery time and there was no Ryan Taylor or Danny Simpson either, you'd assume because of something baby-related for both. Steven Taylor was in the same team, though.

Later on there's a couple of bits of footage with Ben Arfa, Sammy and Gosling thrown on, after they'd previously been standing on the sidelines, in place of Ba, Best and Cabaye, so you'd imagine they're the options should anything change. Or they'll just be the most likely substitutes.

Guest magpie99

With Ba and best up front, we need pace down the flanks and the full backs to get forward.

My team

Krul,

Simpson, Saylor, Colo, Ferguson

Obertan, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux

Ba, Best

Subs: Harper, Raylor, Lovenkrands, HBA, Jonas, Gosling, Sameobi

HBA for Ba - 60 mins

Sameobi for Marveaux - 70 minutes

Gosling for Obertan - 75 mins

I've got a feeling Hatem might get carried away this week, he'll basically be running around the pitch with his nob out when he gets on, agressively slapping any Blackburn player who dares to get close round the face. It'll be something to behold, we're literally going to cock them.

Or lose 1-0.

With Ba and best up front, we need pace down the flanks and the full backs to get forward.

My team

Krul,

Simpson, Saylor, Colo, Ferguson

Obertan, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux

Ba, Best

Subs: Harper, Raylor, Lovenkrands, HBA, Jonas, Gosling, Sameobi

HBA for Ba - 60 mins

Sameobi for Marveaux - 70 minutes

Gosling for Obertan - 75 mins

think jonas and maybe marveaux should start on the flanks. not sure if ferguson should start ahead of raylor....i have not seen ferguson so far this season, though.

Hopefully we don't get the usual 15:00 can't be arsed crowd who sit and moan for 90 minutes. As that's normally a factor in these type of games.

Should be like most other entertainment where you have a warm up act on first to get the crowd in the right mood. Maybe a sing-a-long or something  :)

Apart from our rotten recent record against Rovers at SJP, they really aren't doing too badly. They were excellent against Everton but somehow managed to very unluckily lose and looked pretty good last week against the Arsenal.  Having become a bit of a target for the press recently expect a bit of "wounded animal" to go with their undoubted talent.

I will be happy with any kind of win.

Got a horrible feeling about this and I don't like it one bit. These arseholes always seem to beat us, then again so did Fulham and we beat them. Hopefully we've turned a corner and actually starting winning the games you should be looking to win. Same team as Villa is fine with me, would have liked to have seen Marveaux start but to have him and Ben Arfa as options from the bench is very pleasing indeed!