Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

It's genuinely difficult to think of a football motivated buyer TBH. If there was such a thing, then they would need to be prepared to sink massive amounts of cash into the club to force us very far beyond the top 5 or 6 reliably. Buying a football club is basically a money pit for most people, without the SD promotion sideline that Ashley has.

Assuming we're after someone who's not in it just to make money and/or promote their other interests.

Good man, Ian.  Always nice to see one of our own step up for the challenge.  Square it with your bank manager tomorrow and let us know when you've signed Messi.

It's genuinely difficult to think of a football motivated buyer TBH. If there was such a thing, then they would need to be prepared to sink massive amounts of cash into the club to force us very far beyond the top 5 or 6 reliably. Buying a football club is basically a money pit for most people, without the SD promotion sideline that Ashley has.

Assuming we're after someone who's not in it just to make money and/or promote their other interests.

I genuinely think that what we're after doesn't exist. If it did they would be lobbying in the background trying to win public support.

How many sugar daddies are that arsed about whether a club is turning a profit or has an ex glazier tied up as manager for a few years? None, not one.

How many corporations are going to pay over the odds to buy him out? None, not one. They've got Boards and/or Shareholders to whom they're answerable.

What are we left with?

What we've got, I'm afraid.

You don't force someone like MA out. That just doesn't happen.

Sent a tweet into total sports before saying I couldn't believe how ignorant the presenter was to our current plight. John Anderson replied 'what plight' ?

Then you read articles like that in the mag, you realise they have their heads burried in the sand. Unreal.

Heard that- sick of John Anderson making excuses for the c***s in charge.

Aye, it's always 'well what do people want', 'we are 8th' etc. that c*** presenting said 'if they beat Chelsea it'll all be forgotten'. Absolute tosser.

Seriously think he's defending the club so he doesn't get banned from it.  i.e. out of a job

It's baffling. Unless they just live in their own little clouds tucked up in the studio and have no real clue as to how fans feel.

Guest neesy111

He's an intensely private man by all accounts.  You want to fuck with him start publishing pictures of his house, his address etc etc.

He lives in High Barnet, very nice house / estate.

Sent a tweet into total sports before saying I couldn't believe how ignorant the presenter was to our current plight. John Anderson replied 'what plight' ?

Then you read articles like that in the mag, you realise they have their heads burried in the sand. Unreal.

Heard that- sick of John Anderson making excuses for the c***s in charge.

Aye, it's always 'well what do people want', 'we are 8th' etc. that c*** presenting said 'if they beat Chelsea it'll all be forgotten'. Absolute tosser.

Seriously think he's defending the club so he doesn't get banned from it.  i.e. out of a job

It's baffling. Unless they just live in their own little clouds tucked up in the studio and have no real clue as to how fans feel.

most media live in their own little cloud which is why Ashley will never get that much heat from the general media, sure the guys who work local might say something but other than Caulkin lets say my opinion isn't high of them. The rest of the media will not care about Ashley not trying to compete because from their point of view we have no right to compete with those sides and we should just be proud to be allowed to even bask in their presence.

As far as I can see only a few things would get him out:

1 - If SD began to significantly underperform based on things that were happening at NUFC

2 - He received an offer for the club that allowed him to turn a decent profit and a smug exit

3 - If we weren't in the top flight for a number of seasons and his use of NUFC as a vehicle to market SD beyond the UK stopped

[quote author=SanToon link=topic=90600.msg4857296#msg4857296 date=139146223

How can anyone be sure of this? It's not like we are privy to any list of the super rich? There's money out there of it's looked for. Let's not forget good old mike p*ssed away our chance to be city

how did he do that ?

I genuinely think that what we're after doesn't exist. If it did they would be lobbying in the background trying to win public support.

How many sugar daddies are that arsed about whether a club is turning a profit or has an ex glazier tied up as manager for a few years? None, not one.

How many corporations are going to pay over the odds to buy him out? None, not one. They've got Boards and/or Shareholders to whom they're answerable.

What are we left with?

What we've got, I'm afraid.

You don't force someone like MA out. That just doesn't happen.

How can anyone be sure of this? It's not like we are privy to any list of the super rich? There's money out there of it's looked for. Let's not forget good old mike pissed away our chance to be city

Super rich are generally that wealthy having had experience of being successful in business dealings and having achieved 'value'. They've got to negotiate the purchase of NUFC with any egotist who will be hell bent on maximising his return.

There's easier ways of getting into football.

[quote author=SanToon link=topic=90600.msg4857296#msg4857296 date=139146223

How can anyone be sure of this? It's not like we are privy to any list of the super rich? There's money out there of it's looked for. Let's not forget good old mike p*ssed away our chance to be city

how did he do that ?

IIRC went to Abu Dhabi or Dubai and rather than attending the proposed meeting him and Dekka went on the lash.

didn't that trip to Abu Dhabi or Dubai take place after City got taken over? They definitely went there after the Keegan fiasco